Wednesday, December 28, 2016

November Sephora Play! Box

My November box got caught up in the whirlwind of moving and address forwarding. I got it about a week before I got my December box, so it was sort of like a double dose of new things! (Alongside some frustration, the post office had it for a week and didn't try to deliver it.) November's theme was "Best In Glow" - the products had a theme of illuminated skin and glossy lips for the start of winter. I actually got a couple of items I was excited about, and one I was THRILLED to get, so let's talk about them!



Stella McCartney Pop - Let's get the requisite perfume sample over with. The online description states that this is "a bold, irreverent fragrance featuring notes of tomato leaves, violet, tuberose, and a woody base." On me, the scent was lightly floral leaning sweet. It isn't something I'd go out of my way to wear, which is usually the case with Play! samples. The mini vial was 0.05 fl oz, and rollerball is $25 for 0.25 fl oz. (A full 1.0 fl oz is $50, which is a better deal.)

CoverFX Illuminating Primer - I was excited about this one! I've picked up some more full coverage, matte foundations lately and I like layering them with a glowy primer (been reaching for Guerlain Meteorites primer lately with my Double Wear.) This primer is on the thinner side, and spreads really easily over the skin. It's definitely illuminating - I have to wipe the leftover off my hands or I'll be leaving glowing fingerprints everywhere. It looks really good under a medium coverage foundation, giving a really lit from within look. Unfortunately, it doesn't do much to combat oil, so I find myself needing to blot during the day. A full size is $38 for 1.0 fl oz, and the deluxe mini contains 0.16 fl oz.

Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gel in Pin Up Pink - I don't know what it is about the Play! curators, but they either pick a super great lip shade, or pick something that seems universally unflattering. This month was the latter with this pink gloss. The gloss itself seems thick and somewhat sticky, and has some shimmer in it. The applicator is not your usual doe foot shape, either. I don't really see myself reaching for it, mostly due to the color - I can get down with gloss every once in a while. The mini was 0.1 oz and a full size is $12 for 0.11 oz.

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color in Rose Gold - These eyeshadow sticks are solidly okay in my book. I had recently destashed my Rose Gold stick, so I'm happy I don't have a double of it! The mini size is better in my opinion, as a little of the product goes a long way. I prefer the ByTerry Ombre Blackstar shadow sticks, as I find the Laura Mercier ones are more prone to creasing, even over primer. (Though the LM price is much kinder to the wallet.) I do like how these look in the inner corner of the eye, and the formula is definitely one of the better ones out there. The mini stick was 0.03 oz, and a full size is 0.05 oz for $29.

The Estée Edit Dissolve the Drama 2-in-1 Makeup Remover + Cleanser - I was excited to get this product, as the line is still relatively new and I haven't gotten my hands on many samples from it. Firstly, the name is far too long and I hate that. Secondly, my eyeliner is not fully removed when I use this, so I don't think I'll be getting a full size. It emulsified nicely and felt good on the skin, but I oil cleanse to get that stubborn makeup off and not need to go back in with another remover. I'm really happy I got to give this a try, though! I may not buy it, but I'm definitely liking it enough to finish the entire mini. The mini bottle contains 0.5 fl oz, and a full size is $32 for 6.7 fl oz.

Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment - I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN I SAW THIS!! I LOVE the white Glamglow mask, and I try to get minis whenever I can, because I am NOT gonna shell out for the full size. (They don't make the smaller size like they do with the other colors, ugh!) When using this mask, I see results as soon as I wash it off - my pores look smaller, and my skin looks fresher and brighter. I love seeing the oil spots on the mask as it dries, it may not mean anything but it feels like I can see it working. Getting this mini made this month's box for me, and that doesn't happen often. If you're oily like me, I encourage you to track down a mini or get a sample made, if you can. The mini tube was 0.3 oz, and a full size tub is $69 (gross) for 1.2 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment