Monday, March 6, 2017

February 2017 Favorites!

I've gotten SO many new things over the past few months, it's been a bit overwhelming. Because I have so many new goodies, I haven't had a chance to really give everything a full test yet. My favorites from February are some past staples, and some new products I haven't mentioned yet.



NARS Pore & Shine Control Primer - I first got a sample of this from Sephora, and I fell in love with it. I immediately added it to my list of future purchases. This primer does an amazing job of controlling oil without sacrificing formula or how foundation looks on top. The primer is easy to apply, not overly tacky, and doesn't look bad under foundation if it isn't perfectly even. I apply with my fingers all over, and then pat it in for good measure. I've had good luck with a varying amount of foundations, though my ABH Foundation Stick is a bit harder to apply on top (but that's a shortcoming of the foundation, it happens with all mattifying primers.) I am so happy I got this, and it's quickly kicked the Givenchy Mister Mat primer out of it's Holy Grail primer spot.

Too Faced Sweet Peach Creamy Lip Oil in Papa Don't Peach - Brands sure do love their mouthful product names these days. I totally got aboard the Sweet Peach hype train and bought a few items from the collection, and actually really liked them all! I've been using this lip "oil" (it's really a thick gloss) whenever I want a natural looking lip that's still polished. The scent is a bit overwhelming - it's a thick candy peach scent - but it fades after applying. I didn't find this sticky, and the color didn't bleed out of my lip lines. It isn't the longest lasting product, but it's a gloss so that's to be expected. I really like this more than I thought I would. It's always nice when a hyped product works out!

Essie Good To Go - For years I've sworn by Seche Vite as my HG quick drying topcoat, but during a recent Ulta haul, I decided to try the Essie top coat. I really like it! It doesn't require a gas mask to use (seriously, Seche - it's bad!) and it dries super quick with a high gloss finish. I beat the crap out of my nails daily with lots of typing and constant hand washing (staying hydrated has its drawbacks...) and I've gone 5+ days with no chipping. I haven't had this long enough to see if it'll go goopy like Seche does, but so far I think I'll be switching permanently.

Kat von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper - I have been reaching for liquid liner over gel liner more recently, and I think it has to do with cracking open a new Kat von D Tattoo liquid. (This is a mini, no need to buy a full size thanks to Sephora Play!) I've been finding that the liner pen offers better control in terms of application, and I've been seeing more even results. My only issue with this is that if I apply liner and then curl my lashes, sometimes I need to reapply liner in some spots where the lash curler touches my lashline. Otherwise, this is still by far my favorite liquid liner.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Cushion Stick - The name of this product is actually longer than what I have here, which is ridiculous. But this has been my go-to foundation ever since I opened the box about a month ago. The finish is more of a medium coverage, natural finish than the regular very matte Double Wear foundation. When paired with a mattifying primer, though, I get good oil control all day. I love the formula of the foundation, though I can't stand the packing. The built in cushion is hard and doesn't apply the product well. The twist-up packaging, though convenient at dispensing, holds less than half the amount of the regular Double Wear bottle (for the same price - 0.47 oz vs. 1.0 oz!) I will probably repurchase this, but I will try to do it while I can get it on sale, or with Ulta points, because the price discrepancy is ridiculous. (Though my face looks so. good.)

I'm sure I'll have a new list of new products that I love next month, but I really do try to not just list new things every month. I like when my favorites don't vary too much from month to month - you can really tell that I love them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment