Thursday, December 27, 2018

Favorite New Products of 2018

It's the end of another year! I've sort of slacked on posting, time got away from me after I came back from my honeymoon. I wanted to recap my favorite new things of 2018 though, as I really enjoyed a lot of new releases! I'm only including new releases and not items that are new to me in the interest of keeping the list relatively short. (Though I did get into some older products like the Stila Glitter & Glow eyeshadows and Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum.)



belif Aqua Bomb Mist - I'm a big fan of the Aqua Bomb moisturizer...and the Moisturizing Eye Bomb...and of belif in general. I also really jumped onto the facial mist hype train this year, so it's no surprise I fell in love with the new belif Aqua Bomb Mist. It has the scent of the Aqua Bomb moisturizer, which I love. The mister is fine but not too fine, and the bottle is the perfect size to toss in my bag. I do wish you could buy one bottle at a time - the mist is sold in a two pack. Or rather, I wish you got more than one mister with the two pack, so you could split it with a friend!

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Jelly Sheet Mask - When it comes to sheet masks, I really prefer cheaper masks, as they're single use items. However, I sprung for the new Glow Recipe Watermelon sheet mask as a treat yourself item, and I really liked it! I found the mask deeply hydrating and soothing, with a decent fit. I've repurchased it a couple of times, but it isn't going to be a staple of my mask stash due to the price. I did really enjoy using it on a flight, as it was a less conspicuous option for some much needed hydration.

Bite Beauty French Press Lip Gloss - I've transitioned from a matte liquid lip person into more of a gloss person, and I know I'm not alone. This year, Bite Beauty released a line of coffee themed lip glosses, and I fell in love with them! Initially, I only picked up the shade Dirty Chai - it's that neutral pink shade I always go for, and I love a good chai! - but I also bought Salted Caramel after loving the first one. (I also love salted caramel in general, and salted caramel mochas.) The scent is a bit strong on the gloss, but as someone who doesn't mind the smell of coffee, it works for me. The gloss is hydrating, nicely pigmented, and doesn't feel sticky - a total winner in my book. (Except it's supposedly limited edition and I pray they never take it away!)

Glossier Lid Star  - Although I don't fully buy in to the 'cool girl' makeup trend, I do enjoy having some low key makeup in my arsenal for easy days. The Glossier Lid Star is a great swipe and go eyeshadow that gives a slightly polished look. I've bought two shades, Moon and Cub, and am perfectly happy with both.

Glossier Lash Slick - I love trying out new mascaras, mostly because I have short, skinny lashes and am desperate for them to look amazing via mascara and not false lashes. I also love buying millennial-bait packaging like Glossier's. So a new, millennial pink mascara? I was THERE for it. Thankfully, it's a great product! The mascara formula is lengthening and the brush separates my lashes, giving me lashier eyes without weighing them down, like some volumizing formulas are wont to do. Am I a little miffed that it's $16 and online only? Sure, but I'm going to keep buying it.

YSL Touche Éclat All In One Glow - As my skin improves thanks to my (intensive? excessive?) skincare regimen, I've migrated towards using a sheerer base for my makeup. I always loved the (older) YSL Touche Éclat foundation so I decided to give this new one a try. It's a great tinted moisturizer - two pumps applied with my beautyblender is enough for light coverage. There's also the added bonus of that Touche Éclat scent that I can't get enough of...

Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic blush in Pillow Talk - It was so, so hard not to buy both items from the new Pillow Talk release this year - thankfully, the eyeshadow quad will be back next year so there's much less FOMO happening on my end. Back to the blush - it's a beautiful pinky nude shade that I've been wearing constantly. The blush formula is light and blendable, and builds nicely. I'm not totally sold on the shimmery center - I don't like using it alone, and I prefer a matte or more satin blush, so I swirl my brush around the outside. But when I don't feel like highlighting, it's a good way to get some light on my face.

Melt Cosmetics Palettes - I am LOVING the new palettes that Melt has put out this year. I originally started with their Rust Stack and I liked the formula well enough, but these pressed palettes are something else. I got my hands on the Gemini (because green is my fave!), Twenty Seven (warm tones!), AND Smoke Sessions palettes (...more green!) and am happy with all three. My only complaint is that some of the shimmer shades are very soft and shatter in transit, but thankfully Melt has amazing customer service and replaced my broken Gemini palette for me.
I'm happy that a lot of products I bought worked out, as I'm trying to spend my money more consciously, and do more research before diving in. I also made more returns than I normally do this year in an effort to really find products I enjoy using and that work for me. I'm hoping that 2019 brings more new things - not too many, as I already have plenty!

1 comment:

  1. Menyambut Perayaan Natal 2019 & Tahun Baru 2020
    S1288Poker Memberikan Bonus Cashback Hingga Rp 50.000,- Untuk 100 Member Baru
    Ikut Syarat dan Ketentuan yang berlaku dan Claim Bonus Natal 2019 & Tahun Baru 2020
    Sekarang Juga : (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)

    ReplyDelete