Monday, April 11, 2016

March 2016 Favorites!


I'm late on posting this, because I'm the actual worst. I'm really excited to share what I loved during the month of March, though!

Haus of Gloi Hair Oil in First Blush - I know, I know...I talk about First Blush a lot. I really do love it, and now that it's (maybe?) getting warmer outside, I find myself reaching for it more and more often - in the many forms I own it. Haus of Gloi's hair oil is fantastic to begin with, but I reach for First Blush more than any other scent I own. Even though my hair is shorter now, I still work a few drops into my hair after my evening shower, and the scent lasts until morning.
    Arcana Fille de Joie - Another indie scent! I had originally passed on this Arcana scent, since I'm trying to buy less perfume (lol) and thought I didn't need it. But then...then the rave reviews started coming in, and I managed to snag a bottle off of Pretty Indulgent. I have a full review of this scent in the works, but let me tell you this - it is lovely! A very soft spring scent with sugar and lavender that manages to not be medicinal yet still be prominent. It's another Arcana scent I will use like crazy and then begin to ration, lest I run out.

    Foreo Luna Mini - I held out on vibrating facial tools for a very long time. I never bought a Clarisonic. (I have a Sonicare toothbrush and I will never go back!) However, I saw a rave for the Foreo Luna Mini 2 on a beauty subreddit, and I began researching. No need for replacement brush heads. It's super easy to keep clean. One charge lasts up to five months. I was sold. I decided to get a Luna Mini instead of the Mini 2 due to a) cost, and b) the differences didn't mean much to me. I picked it up from Ulta on a whim (okay, a semi researched whim!) and am thrilled with my purchase. From the first week of use, my pores were noticeably smaller. My skin felt smoother, especially combined with my chemical exfoliation routine added in. I already consider it a great purchase, even with the slightly steep price tag. I'm very, very happy with my vibrating face tool, even though I've only been using it for a month.

    Guerlain Perfecting Meteorites Primer  - Okay, I won't lie, this was an impulse purchase. An impulse purchase, unlike so many others, that has worked really well for me! I have been trying to perfect my glowy skin look, and this primer definitely helps. I had a bit of trouble figuring out which foundations it plays nicely with, but now that the learning curve is over, I'm super pleased with the results! I found that I need to really let my sunscreen sink in before applying this with my fingers. It has the Guerlain violet scent, but I find it nice. I love how it looks with dewy foundations like L'Oreal Lumi, and it brings some light back into Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation as well.

    Kylie Lip Kit in Candy K - I know what you're thinking, and I don't care - I love the Kardashians. I got this lip kit during the second restock and had no issues at all with ordering. I'm actually super impressed! I had figured the entire thing would be gimmicky with a sub par products, and I was dead wrong. The lip liner glides on easily, and the liquid lipstick dries down to a matte, almost powdery finish that isn't overly drying. The best part is it STICKS! I have no issues with transfer or wearing off with the Kylie lipstick. Very, very pleased!

    What did you love in the month of March? Coming bak to old favorites, or did you discover something new?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment