Thursday, April 26, 2018

Recent Repurchases

I've been doing well on my low buy this year! I haven't gone overboard at all, even this month with the sales and coupons going on. Earlier this year I didn't have enough new stuff for separate repurchases and purchases, but this month I do! I love talking about items I repurchase, and what makes them good enough to be bought again and again.

Skincare is probably the type of product I go through the most quickly, which is no surprise. I like many step routines, and I'm frequently changing products out and trying new things. I have come across several "holy grail" staples, one of which is the Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream. Unfortunately, there's a rumor that this has been discontinued - I had bought a two pack of these last year for $8ish, and this two back was over double that. I love layering this as a final moisturizing step over lots of light hydration layers. I'll be sort of devastated it if it's really gone, but at least I still have two tubes left! Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is my favorite light moisturizer, so I had to pick up the mini 100 point perk from Sephora while it was there.

Applying a lot of skincare means I go through a lot of cotton pads, and the Shiseido Facial Cottons are my favorite! Truly feels like a cloud on the face. I haven't found something that compares yet. I also bought a new bottle of Goodal Waterest Lasting Water Oil! I like facial oils, but sometimes they're too heavy for me - this is perfect. The packaging has changed since my last bottle, and I like it much more.

I do go through makeup regularly, but since there's so many options out there, I don't repurchase things as often. I do, however, repurchase staple items a lot. I picked up a new jar of the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder as it's my favorite setting powder. I also bought a new bottle of MAC Fix+ which I love to set my makeup with - I have no idea why it works so well, but I love it! I also repurchased the Too Faced Hangover Rx primer, which has become my new favorite hydrating primer. I tried some other hydrating/illuminating primers, and they just don't give me the same performance. Also, they didn't smell like coconut!

Aside from base products, I run through brow stuff pretty quickly, since I do my brows daily. Ulta had half off of the ABH Brow Wiz, so I picked one up - I refuse to pay full price for it. (The spoolie usually breaks off, I don't understand paying $20+ for something that will break!) I don't love it as much as I remember - it's good, but I prefer the NYX pencil.

I never (okay, very rarely) finish lipsticks. However, I loved Smashbox's Always On liquid lip in Driver's Seat so much that I cleaned out the mini I had and promptly bought a full size. I also bought a backup of Urban Decay's Vice lipstick in Wonderland - it was recently discounted to half off, and that means it might be discontinued soon. It's my ideal deep bright summer pink, so I wanted a second on hand as I will eventually go through the tube I have now.

I never remember to change out my lash curler pads, so I bought a two pack of Shiseido curler pads. A boring purchase, but a necessary one! I can really tell the difference a new pad makes.

For most of these items, it's my third time or more repurchasing. I really love having reliable products in my stash, it makes my routines so much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment