Sunday, April 8, 2018

March Empties & Reverse Rouge Check In

I used up so much stuff in March! I had set a goal of twenty empties for myself, and was able to meet that with no problem. I've even been sheet masking more, which is great for my skin AND my mask stash! A few more months and I'll be able to buy some new masks without adding to an already large backlog.

I did requailify for Platinum status at Ulta during the month of March, but not due to my purchases! I got my hair colored last month, and my husband gets his hair cut at Ulta every two weeks, which adds up quickly. I don't see myself hitting the new Diamond level ($1200 spent!) this year, though.


I'm only going to highlight a few of the products I used up in March, just because there are a ton, and I'm pretty sure they're not all wroth writing about.

Banila Co. Miss Flower & Mr. Honey essence oil - I had this laying in my stash for ages, so of course when I finally start using it and enjoy it, I find out it's discontinued. This was a very light yet hydrating oil, perfect for mixing into a light moisturizer such as the Clinique gel. It also smelled like honey!

Dear by Enprani Moistfull Booskin toner - I read a lot of good reviews about this, but I wasn't sold on it. The toner was easy to layer and absorbed nicely, but I hated the overly floral smell. I finished the mini, but I won't be buying a full size.

Glow Recipe Green Tea Serum Toner - I LOVED this! This toner is lightweight and absorbs easily, making it great for layering. It had a fresh scent and didn't end up being overly sticky. I bought this one at Target, and will most likely get a second one from there, too. I used this a lot in the mornings, as green tea really helps soothe any redness I may have.

L'Oreal Lash Paradise mascara - People RAVED about this mascara, so I bought it. Apparently it's a dupe for Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara, which I didn't like when I tried it. I didn't like this one either, but $9.99 isn't as bad as the Too Faced price tag. I found that this formula flaked on me, and I didn't like the size of the brush.

Lancôme Monsieur Big mascara mini - Another new mascara that everyone but me seemed to enjoy! This one clumped a ton on me, and I found it hard to get good separation of my lashes. I'm not mad, I honestly hate when I fall in love with expensive mascaras as they need to be replaced so often.

Gold Bond hand cream - I already wrote about it earlier this month for my March Favorites, but I'm going to reiterate that I LOVE this hand cream! It's cheap, hydrating, and sinks in quickly. What's not to love?

Sulwhasoo Snowise Brightening sheet mask - I had been given a couple of these and tossed them into my mask stash. Finally decided to use one, and I absolutely loved it. I'm so mad. These are $13 each. There is no need for me to use sheet masks that expensive. But the fit of the mask was good, the fabric was thin and clingy, and my skin was so bright afterward. Maybe I'll sell a chunk of my soul for a box of these. We'll see.

Reverse Rouge Check In


All of March's empties:

  • Benton Snail Bee sheet mask x3 - $5.37
  • Lush Ups-a-Daisy bath bomb - $4.83
  • Helloskin Jumiso First Lightening sheet mask - $2.70
  • Lush Sakura bath bomb - $6.95
  • Lush Avobath bath bomb - $6.95
  • Lush The Comforter bubble bar - $12.95
  • Glow Recipe Green Tea Serum Toner - $21.99
  • Tree Hut Lychee and Plum sugar scrub - $6.39
  • Nivea Oil Infused Lotion -$5.49
  • Banila Co. Miss Flower & Mr. Honey essence oil - $26
  • Gold Bond hand cream - $3.89
  • Glossier cotton rounds - $4
  • Kingirls Grapefruit Extract sheet mask - $6
  • TonyMoly foot peel - $5.51
  • MBD Imperial Bird's Nest sheet mask - $1.87
  • Sulwhasoo Snowise sheet mask - $13
  • Eunyul Vitamin sheet mask - $2
  • Tosowoong Pure Green Tea sheet mask x2 - $4
  • Papa Recipe Bombee Honey Rose Gold sheet mask - $3.64
  • Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Miracle Multiplying Volume Mist mini - $8.75
  • Goodal Double Bright Intense Serum - $30
  • Dear by Enprani Moistfull Booskin toner mini - $13.31
  • NYX Micro Brow Pencil - $9.99
  • L'Oreal Lash Paradise mascara - $9.99
  • Kat Von D Lock It Mist mini - $14
  • Benefit Roller Lash mini - $8
  • Epically Epic Cherry Blossom lip balm - $3.75
  • Nest Black Tulip sample - $1.44
  • Urban Decay Black Velvet mini - $10
  • Lancôme Monsieur Big mascara mini - $8.99
  • Diorshow mascara mini - $4

Total - $265.75

I destashed so much stuff! I was able to find better homes for a lot of unloved products, and products that didn't really work out for me. I'm slowly feeling like my collection is becoming more manageable.

  • ABH Brow Duality - $23
  • Urban Decay Razor Sharp liquid liner in Push - $22
  • Urban Decay Razor Sharp liquid liner in Deep End - $22
  • Urban Decay Vice lipstick in Manic - $18
  • Urban Decay Vice lipstick in Ravenswood - $18
  • Kat von D Pastel Goth palette - $38
  • Hourglass Mineral Veil primer mini - $7.56
  • Uran Decay Glinda lip pencil - $10
  • MAC Painterly paint pot - $22
  • Colourpop Ultra Matte in Times Square - $6.50
  • Colourpop Ultra Matte in More Better - $6.50
  • Armani Power Fabric foundation in 3.5 - $64
  • Armani Power Fabric foundation in 4 - $64
  • Marc Jabons Shameless foundation - $46
  • YSL lipstick mini - $12.35
  • Smashbox Photo Finish primer mini - $9
  • Kat von D liquid lipstick in Muñeca - $20
  • MAC Stormy Pink paint pot - $22
  • Josie Maran Argan Balm mini - $7.20
  • Tarte lipstick mini - $6.13
  • Guerlain L'Or primer mini - $10.76
  • It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye mini - $3

Total - $476.98

I purchased a fair bit throughout March, but a lot of it was cashing in on sales. I also went to Lush before my vacation, because there was an amazing bathtub in the room and I really wanted to enjoy it!

  • Lush Sakura bath bomb - $6.95
  • Lush Avobath bath bomb - $6.95
  • Lush The Comforter bubble bar - $12.95
  • Tree Hut Sugar Scrub x3 - $16.23
  • Gold Bond hand cream - $3.89
  • Vaseline Intensive Care cream - $3.69
  • ABH Brow Wiz - $10.50
  • TonyMoly foot peel - $5.51
  • Ulta body lotion mini - $4.23
  • Ulta nail polish remover - $4.23
  • Ion Flamingo Neon Brights dye - $2.99
  • Ion Diluter -$2.99
  • Nivea Oil Infused Lotion - $5.49

Total - $95.05

Total March Empties + Destashed = $360.80

YTD Empties = $749.35
YTD Empties - Purchases = $366.85
YTD Empties + Destashed = $1,861.99
YTD Empties + Destashed - Purchases = $1,479.49

I'll be completing the challenge on empties alone (not counting purchases against me) by the halfway mark should things keep up! I'll double the challenge total combining empties and destashed products even with my purchases being discounted by the end of the year. I'm really happy with my progress - usually by the end of April I've already requalified for both Platinum and VIB Rouge, and I'm not yet close to even being VIB. Here's hoping April brings even more empties!

No comments:

Post a Comment