Friday, May 20, 2016

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Pickled Ginger - Review

Earlier this year, Bite Beauty announced that they were discontinuing their Luminous Creme lipstick line. In its place, they released the Amuse Bouche line, bringing back some favorite shades and introducing a whole ton of new shades! They began showing swatches and teasers on their instagram, and I knew right away that I wanted to pick up Pickled Ginger. I received it with my last Sephora order and began wearing it right away!


Pickled Ginger is described as an "electric coral." The shade is a very vibrant, pink leaning coral. Pickled Ginger is very bright, just shy of neon. I feel like it's too bright for me sometimes, but I've gotten a lot of compliments whenever I wear it...so it must look good! The lipstick has a definitive citrus scent that fades on application, but it is not unpleasant. Application is smooth, with no tugging on the lips. I found that I needed two coats for maximum color payoff, but pigmentation is not lacking. The lipstick formula is comfortable, with some slip. I definitely needed to blot after application, and there was a lot of transfer onto cups and utensils, but the shade did leave a bright stain. I did not experiencing any feathering or severe drying.

I really wanted to like this one, but I found that the color really collected into my lip lines and emphasized imperfections. I wore it with and without a lip primer, and still got the same result. I'm not sure if it has to do with the brightness of the shade or what, but it just did not agree with my lips. I've worn it several times and had the result be the same, if my lips were in A+++ smooth perfect condition or just okay. 

I've since picked up several other Amuse Bouche shades and found them much more agreeable, thankfully. It's definitely you, not me, Pickled Ginger.

Pros:
  • Smooth application
  • Pleasant scent that dissipates
  • Leaves a stain
  • No feathering
Cons:
  • Prone to transfer
  • Product gathers into lip lines
  • Highlights imperfections
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipstick in Pickled Ginger - $26.00 for 0.15 oz
Review - 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment