Thursday, May 19, 2016

April 2016 Favorites!


Once again, I'm super late with this. I don't have any excuse other than that  I'm lazy and the worst. This months favorites all gravitate towards the skin aside from the Gimme Brow, which helps emphasize a natural look.

My Scheming Mandelic Acid Brightening sheet mask  - This mask first popped up in my February Favorites this year. I had gotten a couple from a friend, and I loved them so much I bought a full box for myself! I find myself reaching for this mask when I have no particular mask "need," so to speak, because it does such a great job of making my skin look all around fantastic. I did, however, wear one before a social event to make sure my skin was at its brightest for the night!

Benefit Gimme Brow - I have wanted this product for a while, but couldn't swallow the $24 price tag! I finally picked it up with Ulta points paired with a 20% off prestige coupon. This really gives a natural definition to my brows, and is perfect to put on after the gym. Benefit is revamping their brow line, and are releasing another shade of Gimme Brow, but I'll be sticking with the Medium/Deep. I'm normally wary of Benefit products since they seem gimmicky or have tacky packaging, but I like this one. I wouldn't pay full price for it though, since the tube is TINY!

Foreo Luna Mini - This graced my March Favorites, and it's back this month because it's just that great! I've only had to do one full charge on this so far - I tried to top off the charge before a trip and it was done charging in like, five minutes. The five month claim they make may just be true! My skin is still looking smooth and radiant after using this, so I have no regrets with this purchase.

Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum - I incorporated this into my routine about a month and a half ago, and omg. My face is so much less red than it was, I can hardly believe it! I love this serum, I use it morning and night. It has a fresh, somewhat "green" scent, and is very light. It sinks in quickly, making it a great addition to my morning routine. Even if I'm short on time, I make sure I pat some of this in. I'm maybe a quarter through the bottle, and I will definitely be repurchasing when this one is through.

Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done - This is one of UD's summer collection releases, and I got it during the recent Sephora sale. I started with a sample, thinking the whole "one and done" is a little gimmicky - but it's actually fantastic at being a one shot product! It applies easily (I use fingers, blend out any streaks with a damp beautyblender) and gives the sheerest coverage - just enough to cover super slight imperfections. Since my skin has been 100% awesome lately, it's been all I need! I do use concealer on my under eyes, but this has been a solid staple in my routine since I got it. I've also used it as a primer under a BB cream. I have noticed a slight white cast on my hands after applying, and I really have to let my sunscreen sink in beforehand or they don't play nicely together, but I've made it work. I picked up the shade Light, which covers UD shades 0.5-3.0 (I'm around a 1.5-2.)

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try the My Scheming Mandelic Acid mask and I've been thinking about the Innisfree green tea serum as well.

    ReplyDelete