Thursday, December 18, 2014

Review - NYX Baked Blush in Chiffon

I'm a sucker for pretty shimmery things. I read that NYX's baked blush in Chiffon could be used as a soft, shimmery highlighter, so of course I went and picked it up!

NYX Baked Blush in Chiffon 

Wrist swatch of Chiffon
Chiffon is described as an "iridescent highlight." When swatched, it looks more like a soft, warm baby-pink shimmer than an iridescent shade. The shimmer is very fine, there are no big hunks of glitter. When blended out, the full effect is a very nice, soft, barely there pink highlight. I did find the product to be a teeny bit powdery, but maybe it's because I had to grind away at the dome of blush to get any good pigmentation for a minute, which is common with the baked line. 

Pros:
  • No visible glitter, sheer shimmer
  • Easy to blend out
Cons:
  • Need to work off outer layer
  • Can be powdery
NYX Cosmetics Baked Blush in Chiffon - $7.00 for 0.23 oz
Review - 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment