Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Review - Tom Ford Lips and Boys lipstick in Richard

I am SO excited to finally have my first Tom Ford lipstick. I snagged this one from Nordstrom a couple of days before the release of the collection since they had them listed. A little background - the Lips and Boys collection is limited edition, and was first released for only Black Friday. The collection was released again on December 26th and is now available at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks, Bergdorf Gooman, and on the Tom Ford site. If you want to snag one, I suggest moving quickly, as they are disappearing!

Tom Ford Lips and Boys lipstick in Richard
Wrist swatch of Richard

When I got the package with the lipstick, I couldn't believe how TINY it was! Super, super little! It's a cute little thing though, definitely "clutch sized" as advertised. The lipstick itself has the Tom Ford logo embossed on the top. The shade is a plummy-mauvey-pinky shade, a very nice nude or My Lips But Better shade for me, at least. It's worth noting that the shade Richard is a direct dupe of the shade Negligee, which as a limited edition shade from the Fall 2014 collection. 

The application was smooth, and the formula creamy. The pigmentation was amazing, with full color on one swipe. The formula felt moisturizing, though as always, I paired with a lip primer. I also used a lip liner, and had no issues with feathering, bleeding, or gathering of color into the lip lines. There is a very distinct "lipstick" scent that fades a little after application. The lipstick did transfer onto my cup, and did not last through lunch. It was hard to tell if there was a stain left behind due to the color of my own lips. Overall, the lipstick lasted about four and a half hours on me before needing to be reapplied - this was because I had coffee and lunch. 

I must say, the Tom Ford lipstick definitely lived up to the hype. If I have the chance to get another mini or two from this collection I definitely will! The price per ounce for these clocks in at $457.14, with the full size Tom Ford lipsticks coming in at $500 per ounce, making the minis the better deal. My only worry is that since now that I know how lovely this formula is, I'm going to use up the mini and not be able to replace it!

Pros:
  • Good pigmentation
  • Creamy, smooth application
  • Lightly moisturizing
Cons:
  • "Lipstick" scent
  • Limited edition
  • Will transfer
Tom Ford Lips and Boys lipstick in Richard (Limited Edition) - $32.00 for 0.07 oz
Review - 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment