Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Review - Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Aubergine

Finally, the last of the Bite Mix N Mingle minis that I purchased way back during the VIB sale at Sephora! I don't know why it took me so long to wear it, but here it is. Since this is available as a full size, I will be putting the full size info at the bottom, as the mini is limited edition. The mini is $12.00 for 0.031 oz.

Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon
in Aubergine
Wrist swatch of Aubergine

Aubergine is described as "eggplant" - clearly. However, this shade does not swatch or wear anywhere near an eggplant shade, as you can see. It's much closer to a brighter berry shade. The finish is more of a satin/matte hybrid than a solid matte. If you blot thoroughly, it's closer to a matte finish, but right after you apply, there's definitely more of a satin finish. The formula has good pigmentation, one swipe got me full color. The application was smooth, and the formula is more moisturizing than other matte formulas out there. There is a citrusy scent to the lipstick, but this fades after application.

While wearing, I did experience some transfer onto my coffee cup, but the lipstick leaves a good stain on the lips, so reapplication wasn't immediately necessary. I paired this with a lip primer, but I did not find the formula to be drying at all, quite the opposite. I would pair this with a clear lip liner at the very least, as it is a darker shade and since it is prone to transfer. The lipstick did highlight dry spots and flakes, and the color did gather into liplines a bit, so be sure to exfoliate before use (which, of course, I did not!)

Pros
  • Moisturizing formula
  • Smooth application
  • Nicely pigmented
  • Leaves a nice stain on the lips
Cons
  • Prone to transfer
  • Not extremely matte, more of a satin finish
  • Gathers into liplines, highlights flakes
Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Aubergine - $24.00 for 0.05 oz
Review - 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment