Monday, December 29, 2014

Review - Burberry Complete Eye Palette in Plum Pink

This is one of the first of the many items I received as Christmas gifts! I'm really excited to start reviewing and showing these off! I marked this as "purchased" since it was technically paid for (just not by me!)

Burberry Complete Eye Palette in Plum Pink

Wrist swatches of Plum Pink palette

I have had this palette on my wishlist for a few months, so I was excited to receive it! I am always in the market for more neutrals, and these plummy shade fit the bill. When swatching, they were a little powdery and patchy, but they apply much better over a primer and a base shadow. I wish the shadows were a little more "buttery" and smooth, but I was still able to apply with no fallout, and they blended nicely. Each shade was decently pigmented, though my favorite is the mid-mauve shade (second from the top in the quad.) I was able to do a complete eye look using these four shades. The shadows lasted all day over a primer and base shadow with no fading. Since I'm that person and work out with my makeup on after work (I need to not do this...) I was able to see that my eye look lasted through me being a sweaty mess.

The packaging on these quads is very luxe feeling, being a heavy metal compact with a magnetic closure, and the top has the Burberry check pattern. The quad came in a Burberry check pouch, with two mini brushes and a sponge applicator. One drawback to the metal compact is that is is super prone to fingerprints, but they are easily wiped off.

Pros:
  • Pigmented
  • Blendable shadow formula
  • Luxe packaging
Cons:
  • Slightly powdery
  • Packaging prone to fingerprints
Burberry Complete Eye Palette in Plum Pink - $60.00 for 0.19 oz
Review - 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment