Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Kat von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lolita II - Review

Lolita II is one of my favorite Kat von D liquid lipstick shades. When I heard it would be released as a Studded Kiss shade as part of the holiday release, I knew I would be picking it up immediately. For the limited edition release, two other liquid lip shades were released in the Studded Kiss formula along with Lolita II - Mother and Double Dare.



Lolita II  is a "terra cotta nude." The shade is a very warm nude leaning slightly pink with a little bit of orange. The lipstick applies smoothy, with no dragging or skipping. I used two coats to get to the color of the lipstick in the tube. The color wasn't patchy, but it did need to be built up. There's a light vanilla scent that fades quickly after applying. The lipstick has a matte finish, though the formula has a little bit of slip and isn't overly drying. I had no bleeding or feathering when wearing without lipliner. 

Since it's not a liquid matte, there was some transfer onto cups while drinking, and I did need to reapply after eating. The lipstick did not dry my lips out over the course of the day. I was able to reapply straight from the tube without disturbing any lipstick that was still on my lips. 

Lolita II in the Studded Kiss formula is limited edition - the packaging is silver, instead of the regular shiny black packaging. Another thing to note about the packaging is that the lid does not come off the lipstick case any more! I used to have Studded Kiss lids rattling around my bags with the lipsticks exposed because the lids did not really "click" back on all the way - this has been addressed with the new LE packaging. I'm really pleased about it, it was one of the big drawbacks of the Studded Kiss line. I don't know if this packaging will be replicated with the regular line or not. 

Pros:
  • Smooth application
  • No bleeding or feathering
  • Non drying
  • Improvied packaging!
Cons:
  • Limited edition
  • Prone to transfer
  • Needs two coats to achieve true to tube color
Kat von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lolita II (Limited Edition) - $21.00 for 0.10 oz
Review - 4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment