Thursday, October 6, 2016

September Sephora Play! Box


This month's play box was a bit disappointing, I'm not going to lie. I'm going to continue my subscription because I usually like at least one of the items, and I enjoy getting a box of goodies for $10 every month. But yeah...September wasn't the best month for this box, in my opinion.

Atelier Cologne Sud Magnolia - I still feel like the perfume sample is a cop out, but I think I'm finally over it. This month's scent is supposed to have notes of of bitter orange and magnolia mixed with cedar. To me, it smells like oranges and generic white florals. I haven't been a fan of any Atelier scents so far, and this one is no different - nothing really jumps out at me, or is distinctive. The mini vial is about 0.05 fl oz, and a full size 1 fl oz bottle is $85. (There is a jumbo size for $125!! And a more reasonable rollerball for $25.)

Kat von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper - I LOVE KvD's Tattoo Liner, but I was seriously disappointed to get this. Why? It was in a box earlier this year! It would be one thing to get a liner once per year, but less than 12 months have passed since we got this item. Not to mention the VIB Rouge goodie bag from last month's event had a Tattoo Liner as well! (They offered it in both shades.) We LITERALLY just got this! The mini is 0.007 fl oz, with a full size coming in at 0.02 fl oz for $20.

Ole Henriksen Sheet Transformation  - I like skincare samples, especially ones that come in baby jars! The moisturizer is light, and sinks in fairly quickly. However, this left a slightly greasy feel to my skin that I didn't really dig. I'll probably set this aside to use if I run out of my skincare staples. The baby jar is 0.25 oz, and a full size is $38 for 1.7 oz. (Mini and jumbo sizes available for this, too!)

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5 in 1 Styling Treatment - I really like Living Proof products, so I was happy to see this in this month's box. I used Perfect Hair Day after an evening shower on towel dried hair. It smells like generic hair product - you know the scent I mean. In the morning, my hair was soft and was not greasy or weighed down. The product claims to add volume, but I didn't see any additional volume. I wish it added some texture as well, since that's what I like in a hair product. I'll probably finish this tube, but not end up buying a full size. The mini tube is 1 oz, and the full product is $15 for 2 oz, and $27 for 4 oz.

Sephora Collection Rouge Shine Lipstick in Love Letter - I like lipsticks, but this unfortunately is a bit too cool toned for my liking. The formula is also fairly sheer, which was disappointing. The lipstick itself has a very fruity scent, which I personally like. The mini is 0.035 oz, and the full size lipstick is $12.50 for 0.13 oz.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel - This one was the winner of this month's box for me. I had been wanting to try this forever, and now I get a mini! The gel smells awful, I won't lie, but the scent does fade after applying. It has held my brows in place all day, I'm really happy with this! The mini tube is super sleek looking as well. The mini is 0.085 oz, and a full size is $22 for 0.28 oz.

I am hoping next month's box has more winners than this month's. In the meantime, I will enjoy my brow gel!

No comments:

Post a Comment