Sunday, July 8, 2018

June 2018 Favorites!

It's beginning to feel a lot like summer...hot and sticky! I'm not the biggest fan of summer, but I have learned to adapt to get through it. Like many others, I switch to lighter products that don't feel heavy on the skin, and break out brighter, more fun colors. My favorites for June include a few of these summer essentials!


Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream - A staple in my summer skincare routine! This gel cream is super light, with the added benefit of snail mucin. It plays well under sunscreen which is key. It's also super affordable, though my last purchase of two tubes doubled in price. (But $16 for two is still cheaper than most skincare!)

Hakuhodo J210 - For some reason, I almost never highlight my brushes in my favorites. I've had this brush for a while, but it had fallen out of favor for a more angled blush brush. It's recently been back in rotation - I've been doing a more concentrated blush placement lately, and this brush is perfect for that! (Also I swear it's relatively clean here, it just holds a lot of product since it's super dense!)

Colourpop Lux Lipstick in Dream Easy - This is one of the (relatively) newer lipstick releases from Colourpop. I'm in love with the easy to wear bright pink! The lipstick formula itself is great for the price - I only say that because it's slightly drying and does transfer, but I still really enjoy it, especially for $7! I find this easy to apply and re-apply throughout the day. I also love the packaging, and the star imprints on the lipstick itself!

Colourpop Brow Boss Gel -  Another Colourpop item! I love how their products really deliver, especially at such an affordable price point. This gel keeps my brow hairs in place without making them hard or crunchy. The packaging is also light and sleek, always a plus.

IGK First Class Charcoal Detox dry shampoo - I really hate how much I love this, mostly because it's pretty expensive for a dry shampoo. ($27 for a full size.) I intend on milking this mini bottle for as long as I can! That being said, this is the best dry shampoo I've tried. It's a darker spray, which means no white stuff in my darker hair. My hair is fine and is easily weighed down by any greasiness, and this dry shampoo addresses that problem beautifully. After use, my hair doesn't feel greasy, weighed down, or gritty from the dry shampoo itself. It imparts a nice amount of texture and boost to my roots. It's become a lifesaver for me this summer! Thankfully, a little goes a long way so I won't need to repurchase too soon!

July and August will be even more hot and heavy than June, so I hope to keep thee in rotation and supplemented with other light and het-friendly products. I'm looking forward for the end of summer, but can't wait to see what it brings along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment