Monday, June 25, 2018

Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Tencel & Midnight Blue Calming Sheet Masks - Review

Klairs recently released some sheet masks! I'm new to Klairs products - I got the famous Supple Preparation Toner for Christmas but haven't opened it yet, and recently got the Rich Moist Soothing Serum which I really like. I was placing an order over at Beautytap and tossed these into my cart to try! (...and to help reach the free shipping threshold.) I shared some mini reviews on Instagram, but I wanted to talk more about these two masks.


Rich Moist Soothing Sheet Mask


Fit of the Rich Moist Soothing mask!
Description: Everything you love about Klairs’ Rich Moist line, now in a soothing, cooling, calming mask, perfect for sensitive, troubled, or reactive skin types. (source, Beautytap.com)

Ingredients: Water, Butylene glycol, glycerin, 1,2-hexanediol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycereth-26, Propanediol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Panthenol, Betaine, Allantoin, Cellulose, Hydroxyethyl cellulose, Sodium hyaluronate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Hydrogenated lecithin, Ceramide NP, Ceramide NS, Ceramide AP, Ceramide AS, Ceramide EOP, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Carbomer, Arginine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Acetate, PVM/MA Copolymer, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Glyceryl Acrylate/ Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin (source, Beautytap.com)

Reading the description, this mask isn't usually what I go for. I do like hydrating mask, but my skin isn't reactive or sensitive. I have tried the Rich Moist serum and really like it for a big hydration boost, so I was hoping to get the same from this mask. Key ingredients for this mask are Centella Asiatica/cica, ceramides, and aloe.

The mask itself is in two pieces with plenty of side slits, which I found to help fit my face better. The mouth and eye holes were a bit big for my liking, and the nose was long. The Tencel mask fabric was a little bit thicker than I prefer, but it was able to cling to my face just fine. The mask had a decent amount of essence without being drippy, and dried out in the forehead area after 30 minutes. The overlapping areas of the two halves stayed damp longer than the chin and forehead areas. I didn't experience any cooling sensation during wear.

After removing the mask, my skin was lightly hydrated - nothing to write home about. I didn't notice any serious calming, as I still had some redness in my face. There was a small amount of leftover essence left on my face that was not sticky, and was patted into the skin with no issue. The next morning, my face didn't really feel any more hydrated than normal. I didn't have any adverse reaction to the mask, which was a plus!

Review - 3/5 (okay fit, decent amount of essence, just okay mask fabric, did not feel it delivered fully on claims, no negative reactions.)

Midnight Blue Calming Sheet Mask


Fit of the Midnight Blue Calming mask!
Description: Everything you love about Klairs Midnight Blue line, now in a calming, cooling sheet mask! Formulated with cooling ingredients to treat overheated skin, this special rayon sheet mask infused with bamboo charcoal powder is the perfect daily mask for oily skin types. (source, Beautytap.com)

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Methylpropanediol, Glycereth-26, 1,2 Hexanediol, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Glycerin, Erythritol, Arginine, Carbomer, Carrageenan, Betaine, Allantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propanediol, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, PVM/MA Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Centella Asiatica Extract (source, Beautytap.com)

From the description, this sounds right up my alley! I have oily skin, and charcoal has helped me in the past. I haven't used anything else from the Midnight Blue line, so I can't really compare this mask to those products. Key ingredients for this mask are Centella Asiatica/cica, tea tree leaf oil, and willow bark extract, along with the bamboo charcoal in the fabric of the mask.

The cut and fit of the mask is the same as the Rich Moist Soothing mask. As expected, it's a black mask thanks to the bamboo charcoal! I did not like the fabric - it was thicker than I like, though it clung to my face with no issues. The mask had plenty of essence, and was not so over soaked that it was drippy during wear. The mask claims to be cooling - I did not experience any cooling sensation. I wore the mask for 30 minutes before the forehead and chin started to dry out.

After removing the mask, my skin was so clear and bright! All signs of redness had been taken care of - I had a few problem pimples that looked much calmer. My skin felt lightly hydrated - nothing super impressive, but better than just quickly layering some products on. I was able to pat in the leftover essence, and it did not feel sticky. The next morning, I noticed no new breakouts which is always a relief! My face was still hydrated. Over the course of the day, I saw less oil breaking through my makeup which is always a welcome effect of new products.

Review - 4/5 (okay fit, decent amount of essence, just okay mask fabric, delivered on most claims and I saw positive results.)

Out of the two masks, I would probably only purchase the Midnight Blue again. I think it's better suited for my skin type, and I got more visible results after using it. $3 a mask is more than I like to pay, and I expect decent results when I do! I'm happy I bought both to try, and I'm happy they weren't total duds! I'm looking forward to trying more Klairs products (maybe opening that toner!) in the future.)

1 comment:

  1. Menyambut Perayaan Natal 2019 & Tahun Baru 2020
    S1288Poker Memberikan Bonus Cashback Hingga Rp 50.000,- Untuk 100 Member Baru
    Ikut Syarat dan Ketentuan yang berlaku dan Claim Bonus Natal 2019 & Tahun Baru 2020
    Sekarang Juga : (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)

    ReplyDelete