Monday, November 10, 2014

Sephora 500 Point Perks

Ever since Sephora introduced the 500 Point Perks, I've been very picky about how I spend them. Once in a while, something AMAZING will come up, and I want to have reserve points to be able to grab it! But when you think about it, 500 points = 500 dollars, if you disregard bonus point events, which happen so infrequently at Sephora it isn't really worth calculating.

The two point perks I grabbed were the Urban Decay Urban Obsessions mini palette, and the Josie Maran Argan Natural Wonders Set.




Urban Decay Urban Obsessions (box and
palette)

Urban Obsessions palette

Josie Maran Argan Natural Wonders set

Bear Naked wipes, Cheek Gelee, Argan Oil,
and Argan Infinity cream.

Here are some details on the sets:

Urban Decay Urban Obsessions set
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Skimp (0.02 oz)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Bust (0.02 oz)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Guilt (0.02 oz)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Oil Slick (0.02 oz)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero- black (0.03 oz)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (1x use)

Josie Maran Argan Natural Wonders set
- Josie Maran Bear Naked Nail Wipes (20 wipes)
- Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Cheek Gelee in Pink Escape (0.095 oz)*
- Josie Maran Argan Infinity (0.16 oz)
- Josie Maran Argan Oil (0.5 oz)
* I did not have the exact size of this on hand, I will change this when I get the exact size later (probably when I get home!) I used a size found for a previously offered mini, I assume its the same.


The Urban Decay palette is very well put together, I really think it's a great perk. I personally will probably be putting it in my gift pile to give to someone who is just getting into makeup, as I have a lot of very similar shades in my collection, and I don't need yet another black liner and shimmery shadow palette. The only thing that isn't worthwhile is the one off shadow primer sample, but a larger sample would not have fit so neatly into the packaging that was already provided.

I feel that the Josie Maran set is a very nice perk, there is a lot of product in each mini. I don't buy Josie Maran brand argan oil solely because it can be bought so much cheaper literally anywhere else, but when included in a set like this, I don't mind it as much. I am excited to try the cheek color and the oil cream, which I am sure I will review in the future. 

Now that I've spent my points and have a lowly 175 points in the bank, there will be some baller perks that will come out that I will need, I'm sure. In the meantime, I still like these two recent sets that Sephora has put out!




No comments:

Post a Comment