Monday, January 4, 2016

December 2015 Favorites

Now that the whirlwind holiday season is over - it's time to get back to business! Here are my favorites from the month of December.


  1. Sixteen92 Detangling Hair Mist in Maple Pecan Shortbread - This is my second bottle of detangling spray from Sixteen92. I haven't finished the first, I just wanted a fall/winter scent. This spray is light, and is able to ease the job of combing out my very fine hair. I have to use more spray than I'd like to get the job done, but the product does not weigh my hair down. The scent isn't overly strong, and fades pretty quickly (especially as I blow dry my hair.) I really like this spray, and seeing as I already have two, I'll probably purchase more!
  2. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone - I have a ton of highlighters, I won't deny it. However, I've been reaching for this one most often. It's a mini size, which is perfect, as I have too many highlighters to begin with. Also, a little bit of this product goes a long way! It's very shimmery, but can be blended out easily. I also have Moonstone in the liquid formula (also in the smaller size!) and I feel it's a perfect highlight shade for my skin tone.
  3. Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush in Cameo Blush No. 2 - I received this for Christmas, and have been using it almost daily since! In the pan, it seems like a bright almost baby pink, but sheered out on the skin it's a much more natural, flushed shade. It's buildable, but I haven't built it up to the pan shade yet, which is not exactly what I'm looking for. It applies and blends like a dream, and I love the heavy, luxe packaging. I don't really need more blush in my collection, but I have my eye on the Earthy shade in this collection next.
  4. Stila eyeshadow in Kitten - I'm a big fan of champagne eyeshadow shades...almost as much as I love rose gold. Kitten is great built up on the lid for a shimmery pop, or for an all over wash of color. It also looks wonderful when foiled with a spritz of water and then applied to the lid. A little goes a long way, so if you have this in a palette, even better!
  5. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Sugar Frost - This is my go to inner corner highlight shade. You can just swipe it on and go. Unfortunately, I have had some issues with this formula creasing when applied all over the lid, which is why my new default shadow sticks are the By Terry Ombre Blackstars. I'm intent on finishing this one though, since it's so perfect for the inner corner!

1 comment:

  1. The LM caviar stick in Rose Gold is my inner corner highlight! The sixteen92 detangling mist sounds lovely - I have really fine hair too and everything seems to weigh it down.

    ReplyDelete