Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Mini Memebox Haul! (Featuring illi Cleansing Oil!)


I'm really trying to be better with my spending this year, which means either destashing products and buying new things with that money, or only replacing items. My Banila Clean It Zero cleansing balm was about finished, so I decided to pick up a new cleansing oil. I decided on the illi Total Aging Care Cleansing Oil. I had heard good things over from Fifty Shades of Snail, and I'll basically buy anything that Fiddy recommends because she has good taste. This oil is currently out of stock on Memebox, but I'm sure it'll be back!

The oil comes in a pump bottle, which is much more convenient than the Banila balm I had been using, which you needed to scoop out of a tub. It's a fairly light, runny oil. I massaged two pumps worth onto my face, rinsed, and then followed up with my usual second cleanser (Cosrx Low ph Good Morning Gel Cleanser - what a mouthful!) The illi oil had a light, herbal yet floral scent (I am new to hanbang items, but this was not as medicinal as I had feared!) I was able to rinse off the majority of the oil with just water, and after the follow up cleanser, my face was super soft. Unfortunately, it was not strong enough to take off my eyeliner - Kat von D Tattoo liner. The Banila wasn't able to crack the defenses of that liner or the Inglot gel liner I use, so I'm not overly disappointed. Overall, I'm happy with my new cleansing oil!

Since free shipping for Memebox is $35, and I HATE having to pay for shipping (the oil was $25!), I added on the Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patch packet in, since I've been wanting to get them for a while. They're definitely an add on item at $5, so if you need to make free shipping...but I digress. I rarely have monster pus filled zits, but I hear these are like the magic cure. I have yet to try them on a big pimple, but I have high hopes!

...I also got the Etude House Lovely Etti Hair Band, because it is adorable and now my skincare and sheet mask time is a little more whimsical. As a bonus, Memebox sent over a Tosowoong Pure Aloe Mask. They must secretly be keeping tabs on me, because I love the Tosowoong sheet masks! The Aloe mask smelled very fresh and green, like a cucumber (or a freshly whacked off aloe leaf, I suppose, never encountered one!) My face felt fresh and plump afterwards, so no complaints here.

It's strange how such a small box with necessities (okay, the REASON for the purchase was a 'necessity') can bring so much joy. I look forward to using the new cleansing oil more, with my new kitty ears as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment