Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Epically Epic Fall Lip Balms - Review

I sang the praises of Epically Epic balms last year when I reviewed some of their summer and permanent flavors. Of course, right after I wrote that review, the shop released their fall offerings. I am a total sucker for fall flavors, especially pumpkin (almost) anything. I ordered three more balms, and they are currently in rotation since the weather is colder.

Sugar Cookie, PSL, and Pumpkin Pie balms!

Pumpkin Pie  - I love pumpkin pie, so I knew I had to get this balm. The balm has a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg mixed with sweet pumpkin, with a touch of creaminess in the back. This one applied smoothly, but is not as thick as I like from my lip balms. It's a good balm to swipe on quick between teeth brushing and makeup application, as it won't leave anything behind that can interfere with lipstick, but still keeps the lips nice and moisturized. The scent is super nice, and it reminds me warmly of fall.
Review - 4/5

Pumpkin Spiced Latte - I will order PSLs into the dead of winter should they still be available on the menu, and this balm will keep my pumpkin coffee dreams alive through until spring. The flavor is strong espresso with some pumpkin in the back, and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. This balm applied just like Pumpkin Pie - a little bit thinner than I'd prefer with a bit of slip. I keep reaching for it though, because I love the flavor!
Review -4/5

Sugar Cookie - I made soooo many cookies this past holiday, because I love the smell of them baking on top of eating them! Sugar Cookie is a quintessential winter flavor/scent for me, so this balm found its way into my cart with no questions asked. This balm is all sweet vanilla sugar, with a tiny bit of almond. Sugar Cookie applies smoothly and more to my liking - thicker with some slip. I reach for this one over the other two now that it's colder and my entire being is having all moisture sucked from it. I like applying this one before bed.
Review - 5/5

Epically Epic lip balms are $3.75 each, available here. The turnaround time for my order was two weeks, and my order was shipped well within the stated time, which is always a plus! I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming out for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment