Monday, January 9, 2017

End of 2016 Empties

I'm trying to track actually using up products, so I began saving some empties from the end of 2016. Throughout the rest of the year I hope to have more items that I've used (there's a distinct lack of sheet masks here!) but I wanted to get started with what I had.

Hoarded trash from last year!
Urban Decay One and Done in Light ($34) - I got this when it came out earlier this year during the Sephora spring sale. I really like how this worked for lighter coverage days. This foundation doesn't play too nicely with my sunscreen, so I had to factor in some extra long wait time after applying it. I actually bought a backup tube of this, and am ready to break it open!

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51 ($12.14) - This was a decent medium coverage foundation. Since I'm oily, I had to pair it with powder and an oil control foundation, and would need to blot later in the day.However, when paired with the right primer, it didn't break down and still looked good at the end of the day. I have other foundations I want to try and others that I like more, but by all means, this wasn't bad.

Kat von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper ($20) - This has been my favorite black liquid liner I've tried, and it's all because of the brush! This liner has a very fine pointed brush tip, and I find it allows for better product control than a felt tip pen. The liner itself isn't the blackest liner, but it definitely looks good. I use this when I want to do a quick wing and not fiddle with gel. It comes off easily enough with the right oil cleanser. I had a mini from a Play! box, and I've started using that one after this one kicked the bucket.

NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown ($9.99) - I did a full review of this almost two years ago, and I'm still using it almost religiously. My brows look good and my wallet doesn't hate me, so I don't know what there isn't to like! I have another one ready to go after I finish my current brow product.

CoverGirl Clump Crusher ($7.99) - This is my second or third tube of this mascara. It's a cult favorite for a reason - it's easy to use, has great separation of lashes. However, I prefer something that also volumizes and lengthens. I'll probably end up getting this again when I need a quick mascara fix!

Boscia Sake Brightening Hydrogel Eye Masks ($15) - I got these with the Sephora VIB Rouge coupon in December, and was surprised at how much I liked them! Each box has three sets of masks, and I used them once a week. They only took 15-20 minutes, and my eye area looked more awake and felt hydrated after use. I got another box since I really liked these!

Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen ($8.25) - I get these in packs of two from Amazon on the cheap. My HG sunscreen, I can't tell you how many of these I've gone through. Expect to see quite a few more in these empties posts. Maybe I'll try something new...

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream ($5) - Another HG item that I get in two packs on Amazon! I use this every morning for some extra moisture before my sunscreen. Probably my eleven hundredth bottle of this.


Product Total - $112.37 - I want to keep track of the amount of product I actually use, to see my money being put to use!

Sometimes it's weird saving my empties, it feels a bit like hoarding trash. I really like seeing how much I've used up though, and I'm excited to see how many products I can get through in 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment