Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Review - NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown

I have been using this product for WAY too long without reviewing it! It's become one if my daily staples in my routine, and I've been recommending it left and right, especially to people who swear by the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz.

NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown 
Wrist swatch of Ash Brown Brow Pencil
The NYX Micro Brow Pencil is NYX Cosmetics' answer to the ABH Brow Wiz. To break it down, the Brow Wiz is $7000 per ounce ($21/0.003 oz) and the Micro Brow Pencil is $3333.33 per ounce ($10/0.003 oz.) So either way, it's a ridiculous price per ounce when you think about it! But the NYX is definitely cheaper, and is the same type of product.

The Micro Brow Pencil is a twist up pencil product that has a spoolie at one end. The product isn't too hard, which allows for feathering when filling in the brows. I picked up the shade Ash Brown, which is a cool toned shade perfect for my brows, but there are eight shades total in the line. The Micro Brow Pencil also blends nicely with both powder and brow pomades (coughDipbrowcough) so creating a structured brow look with multiple products is just as easy as ever.

Personally, I'm going to switch to the NYX pencil from the Brow Wiz, because $10 is a lot easier to swallow than $21, and Ulta has NYX on sale constantly, and I run through brow pencils pretty quickly. I haven't had any nitpicky differences, though I'm sure some have said it's too hard/soft for their liking. For me, it gets the job done and I love that price tag!

Pros:
  • Twist up
  • Spoolie end
  • Easy to feather and blend
Cons:
  • Ridiculous price per ounce
NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown - $10 for 0.003 oz
Review - 5/5

1 comment:

  1. I need this!

    On a different note, why are brow products so ridiculously expensive? You'd think they were made of gold or something!

    ReplyDelete