Saturday, April 25, 2015

Review - ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in I Heart This

If you're getting tired of seeing ColourPop on my blog...sorry not sorry, I have a bunch more items to go through! This time it's an eyeshadow single, though.

ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in I Heart This 
Wrist swatch of I Heart This
I Heart This is listed as a "cool toned silvery taupe with multi colored glitter," with a metallic finish. I am a sucker for any and all taupes, so I immediately added this to my cart. Glitter is one word that aptly describes this shadow - there is definite fallout if you apply this with a brush. I even broke out the synthetic brushes I bought specifically for working with these shadows and I wound up with sparkly cheeks. I had much less fallout using my finger. The application with a brush allows for a sheerer wash of the shadow, but using a finger really builds up the metallic application. But I digress - back to the formula.

The texture a spongy cream, which makes picking it up with a brush difficult. The shadow itself is somewhat sheer, but can be built up As you can see in the swatch, the taupe color is there, but the sparkles really take over and add to the sheerness of the shadow, and the metallic finish doesn't help build up a solid color, so to speak. Blending out the edges of the shadow was easy once applied. I wore this over a primer, and experienced a little bit of fading over the course of eight hours - the metallic finish lost some of its luster.

Although the shadow has fallout and the color itself is a bit sheer, I've reached for this shadow a few times to punch up a boring neutral eye. It's sheerness allows itself to add a bit of glitter or sheen to an otherwise matte look, or be built up on the lid into something more intense. It isn't the world's best eyeshadow by any means, but it has found a place in my rotation!

Pros:

  • Buildable
  • Blendable
  • True metallic finish

Cons:

  • Glitterbomb
  • Prone to fading
  • Color needs to be built up
ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in I Heart This - $5.00 for 0.07 oz
Review - 3/5

1 comment: