Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Arcana Meow collection scents - Fluffing the Bunny, Jabberwocking, and Two Finger Ballet

My last indie perfume review went well, so I decided to keep it up! These perfumes are from the Arcana Meow collection, dedicated to the art of female self pleasure. I got decants of three scents out of the collection through the wonderful Ajevie's Circle for decants, and I am so happy with my choices!

Fluffing the Bunny - Madagascar vanilla, Tahitian vanilla, apricot, white musk, skin musk, and a tiny tickle of mint. From the bottle, the first scents are apricot, musk and vanilla, with the mint coming in at the end. After applying and drying down, the musk takes a backseat and the apricot shines through, with a mix of minty vanilla. I think this is a really great light spring scent that can carry you through the grey of spring to warmer days. This is my favorite, and I'm now desperately trying to track down a full size bottle!

Jabberwocking - Fresh gingerroot with ginger grass, strawberry, satsuma, raspberry, ruby grapefruit, apricot, chai, and green musk.  Upon opening, I'm met with strong chai and ginger, laced with the scent of berries. On the skin the grapefruit comes out more. After drying down and settling, the ginger and musk come out and combine with the citrus and berry notes and give out a very nice fresh spiced scent. Not too much like a heavy spiced Christmassy scent, but something fresh for spring. I can see this being a bit strong, but lightly applied I can definitely see it being a great spring and summer scent.

Two Finger Ballet - A delicate blend of French vanilla creme, white amber, sugared vanilla beans, caramel, and the smallest dab of opium. Opening the bottle, it's the immediate scent of a decadent creme brulee - caramel and sugar and vanilla all in one. A definite gourmand luxurious dessert scent. On the skin, a wonderful true cream vanilla note, that of the creamiest vanilla ice cream. As it dries, the creamy vanilla fades and blends into the caramel, which lingers and fills the nose to the point where you can taste the scent - excellent if you're trying to avoid sweets! A great dessert scent for those who love caramel and vanilla. I may try to track this down in a half or full size.

Once again, I've learned my lesson with limited edition indies - if it sounds too good to be true, order a full size!! This was my first Arcana purchase, and I will definitely try more scents!

1 comment:

  1. I'm scared to enter the Indie perfume world, haha. I think if I do I'll end up going crazy :D

    ReplyDelete