Saturday, April 11, 2015

Review - Darling Clandestine /r/Hug of Death perfume oil

I initially missed out on snagging /r/Hug of Death, but I was able to pick it up in a destash sale! I'm happy to review it for those who may be lucky like me to find it in a destash sale and may want to pick it up. This is my first Darling Clandestine scent, and I'm excited about it!

Darling Clandestine /r/Hug of Death perfume oil
/r/Hug of Death has notes of "intense black tea infused with a trio of fruits—strawberries, blackberries and sweet red apples—grounded with vetiver and ginger and tonka bean." When opening the bottle, I am greeted with sweet, sweet fruits. Just fruits! I love sweet fruits, so I'm very happy that this is true to the description. When applied, the dried down scent has the fruity intensity of the initial sniff still there, but it slowly peels back to reveal the ginger and vetiver. As time wore on, the black tea came out to nicely balance the sweetness. The throw on the scent was nice - not too much, but I didn't need to keep sniffing wrist directly to see if it was still there.

I wanted to point out how gorgeous the bottle for this perfume is! I normally don't care what my perfume oils come in, what is inside is what counts, but look how cute this is! The label even has Snoo's little antenna. Displaying this is going to be a real treat.

I loved the concept of this perfume oil as well - something dedicated to the indie buyers of reddit. On release days, or just when something is linked on reddit, the influx of traffic has a tendency to overload servers, being nicknamed the "hug of death." I thought it was a really cute name.

Pros:
  • Sweet fruit notes
  • Fruit notes weren't too sugary/artificial smelling
  • Nicely balanced by grounding notes
Cons:
  • Did fade throughout the day
Darling Clandestine /r/Hug of Death perfume oil (Limited Edition) - 0.5 oz
Review - 4.5/5
Perfume oils work differently for different people due to skin chemistry. This is my experience with this perfume oil, which may differ for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment