Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Review - ColourPop Highlighter in Wisp

ColourPop has just released their new highlighters, so I figured now is the best time to share my thoughts on the one that was included with my latest order! I was able to choose a mini size (which is pretty substantial!) highlighter out of three shades with an order over $40 a few weeks back, and I chose the shade Wisp.

ColourPop highlighter in Wisp
Wisp swatch
Wisp is listed as a "golden champagne with highly reflective hues of gold duo chrome finishes." ColourPop recommends using your fingers for the highest coverage, and a synthetic or duo fiber brush for a more air brushed look. I tried using a Real Techniques Setting Brush, my go to brush for cream highlighters, which barely picked up any product. When I used my fingers, I was able to get much better payoff. The formula is much softer and more spongy than other ColourPop formulas I've tried so far.

When applying, the highlighter spread nicely and I was able to blend easily. I kept it to the top of my cheekbones and my cupid's bow, so I did not see it really emphasizes any of my pores, since I kept it away from my larger pores on my cheeks. It gave a soft champagne gold glow since I blended it out with my finger, though unblended it can be quite bold.

This wasn't my favorite highlighter in the world, I'll be honest. I much prefer my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors for cream highlighters as they can be applied with a brush and I don't have to go and stick my finger into a little pot. The mini I got is a good size, but I don't see myself collecting all of the highlighter shades from ColourPop. I could definitely see packing this as an "all over" color for a trip though - can slap it on lids, cheekbones, whatever in a pinch and be good to go.

As I've noted previously, ColourPop is a cruelty free brand. Wisp is a vegan shade as well, which is great!

Pros:

  • Blendable
  • Pigmented
Cons:
  • HAVE to use your fingers, brushes basically don't work
  • Very, very spongy/soft formula
  • Packaging sucks for digging your finger around in
ColourPop Highlighter in Wisp - $8.00 for 0.15 oz*
Review - 2.5/5

* I listed the full size and price of the product, instead of the small size I received as a gift with purchase.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking at the brighter, more colorful shades of highlighters and I might pick up those ones, but the "standard highlight" shades I already have in my collection... so yeah, I don't need those ones. Wisp does look pretty against your skin, though!

    ReplyDelete