Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Sugarpill Celestia Nail Polish

Sugarpill released their new Heavenly Creatures nail polish line at IMATS NY, and I made sure I picked up a bottle while I was there. I picked up the shade Celestia, which looked like a rose gold shade - and I am  such a sucker for rose golds.

Sugarpill Celestia nail polish
The Heavenly Creatures nail polish line is 5-free, cruelty free, and vegan. The bottles contain 15 mL of product. I''m not too sure on the final price, since I picked mine up at IMATS and am unsure if I received special pricing. There's currently no release date on when they will be available online for purchase, but Sugarpill tends to drag their feet a little when it comes to releases - here's hoping they don't take too long!

Celestia is a gold sparkle polish with large flecks of rose gold hexagon glitters. It is very similar to Maybelline Color Show in Gilded Rose. I find that it is best over a base color, otherwise the nail will show through due to the lack of base color in the polish itself.

Manicure using Sugarpill Celestia
Here's a manicure I did on myself using two coats of Celestia over a coat of China Glaze Poetic, a metallic rosy shade.

I'm a little disappointed that the shade I picked up was basically a dupe for something I already had in my collection. A lot of the other shades seemed to be creme bases with glitter mixed in - not my sort of thing. We'll have to see what the actual release brings!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for IMATs London, hopefully they'll be selling them there too. I totally don't own a rose gold polish, therefore I can totally justify Celestia right? it looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete