Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Epically Epic Lip Balms - Review


I featured my Marshmallow Epically Epic lip balm in my August favorites, and I wanted to write about the other flavors I picked up after I fell in love with Marshmallow! Marshmallow was gifted to me in a swap, and it took the finishing of my favorite Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment to crack it open, and I'm really glad I did! I ordered some more flavors near the end of the summer, so I'm going to be writing about a few seasonal flavors that may not be around all the time. (Marshmallow seems to be a constant from what I've seen, though!)
Marshmallow - My first balm is my favorite of the bunch! Highly scented with a nice, light, marshmallow flavor. It isn't a powdery marshmallow, it's more of a marshmallow filling type flavor. I find the formula for this balm to be very hydrating and thick, and it glides on nicely - not too stiff! It's a really good stand in for my Fresh balm, and I apply it liberally at night. I would definitely repurchase this flavor when I run out!
Review - 5/5

Cherry Blossom - This balm is just that - slightly floral, slightly cherry. The flavor is delicate, just like a cherry blossom. It's surprisingly not artificial in the least. I find the consistency of this balm to be a little more stiff than I prefer, but it still hydrates the lips lightly. It isn't as hydrating as I find Marshmallow, however. The formula has some slip, and is not grainy. 
Review - 4/5

Coconut Spice Cake - I picked this up for my partner because he loves coconut (but I made sure to try it, too!) The flavor is a very realistic coconut with a slight hint of vanilla. I don't pick up much spice, or a definitive cake note. This balm is moisturizing and applies smoothly, not stiff in the least. The formula doesn't apply as nicely as Marshmallow, but it's the second best!
Review - 4.5/5

Lemon Meringue Pie - I had to get this one since it's one of my favorite pies! The flavor was slightly lemony and slightly...fluffy, for lack of a better word. Fluffy like the meringue on top! This was a stuff balm, which was not as moisturizing as some of the others. I really love the flavor, but I wish it was softer. It was also more grainy than the other balms I have. Not horrible by any means, but definitely noticeable.
Review - 3.5/5

Epically Epic balms are $3.75 a pop and can be purchased here! I ordered my balms and received them in a little over a week, within the stated 1-2 week turnaround time stated on the site. I'm really happy with my purchase, and am happy to add more indie items to my collection! 

No comments:

Post a Comment