Sunday, September 18, 2016

August 2016 Favorites!


Life has been so busy lately, and I've put off this post long enough. I'm glad that summer is winding down, but here are my favorites for the last month of summer, August!

Becca Slimlight in Champagne Pop - I'll be upfront - I am not a huge Jaclyn Hill fan. However, I was really liking her curated shade from Becca, Champagne Pop. I spent a few days deliberating which formula I wanted to go with, and I decided on the new Slimlight. It's similar to an eyeshadow stick with the packaging and consistency, but it makes a wonderful highlighter. I can use a tiny bit and blend it out for a natural looking highlight, or really pile it on for a glow with no chunks of glitter. I really like that it's twist up, meaning I don't waste product with sharpening.

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Hitch Hike - I have five of these things now, and I am contemplating my next shade! Hitch Hike is a fantastic My Lips But Better or slightly better than neutral lip shade. It's a comfort matte formula, which means it glides on easily and doesn't cause any dryness, while still having a matte finish. It's the perfect shade to just throw on to look more polished.

Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara - Trying to save some money, so I've forsaken my beloved Roller Lash for Lash Blast. This mascara has a decently sized yet not monstrous brush, and it lengthens and volumizes, all for less than nine dollars. I have no complaints.

NYX Cosmetics blush in Angel - This is one of my older blushes as you can see, but I've been reaching for it more lately than I have in the past. The blush is blendable while not being so pigmented you need a super light hand. A neutral pinky nude, it's perfect to just throw on with almost any look!

Epically Epic lip balm in Marshmallow - I recently ran out of my favorite Fresh lip treatment, and have turned to an indie balm in the meantime. The Epically Epic balm is moisturizing, not grainy, and smells and tastes great. I still love the Fresh, but I enjoy reaching for this one til I can afford a $23 balm!

As you can see, I wear some lighter makeup during the summer because it's just so grossly humid, a lot of stuff melts off my face. We're coming into my favorite season now, and I can't wait to share my September favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment