Monday, September 25, 2017

August 2017 Favorites!

It's not the end of September, so I'm not THAT late in posting this! The end of summer (or rather, all of summer...) is hard for me in terms of makeup (I hate humidity), so my favorites this month are light, easy items from my makeup, skincare, and haircare stashes.


Urban Decay One and Done - I've raved about this product before. It came back into my main rotation of products this month after forgetting about it for a bit. This product works best for me over no primer, after sunscreen has had more than fifteen minutes to sink in. I dot it directly to my skin and then blend out with a beauty blender. It's very light coverage, so perfect for when it's disgusting out. I use the lightest shade, which is supposed to cover the lighter spectrum of UD's foundations. It's a decent enough match, not that I care much when I'm sweating to death. This is my second tube, and unless I find a better all purpose low coverage foundation, I will continue to repurchase it.

Burberry Cat Lashes - I don't often buy high end mascara due to the price tag, and that I follow the rule of tossing mascara after three months. I got this mascara in the recent Iconic Edition of Sephora Play!, and I really, really like it! The brush has stiff bristles that aren't too long, which works for my short lashes/small eyes combo. The formula is not too wet, and I can do two layers with minimal clumping. Another plus - it's fragrance free, unlike other heavily scented high end mascaras. My little tube is almost done, and I'm quite sad about it.

Becca Light Chaser highlighter in Champagne Flashes Bellini - Becca came out with shifting highlighters earlier in the summer. I have a metric ton of highlighters, so naturally, I bought two. I reached for this highlight a lot during August mostly because it looks good with minimal makeup, and it matches most looks I do without having to think about it. It's also pretty on its own, which is great when just doing an easy face with light brows and mascara. I'm super happy with this purchase!

Bumble and bumble Don't Blow It - I was introduced to this product last year in a Sephora Play! box. I used up the mini, and went out and bought a full (travel...) size. Don't Blow It is perfect for humid days - I shower, slap this in my hair, and put my hair up. After my hair dries, it's got a bit of texture and body to it. No heat, no fuss. This works best when my hair is shorter, but with my hair longer it still gives a bit of life to my hair when I don't feel like dealing with it.

Missha All Around Safe Block Essence Sun - After Biore went and ruined my life reformulated the Aqua Rich Watery Essence sunscreen, I began looking for replacements. This one came on the recommendation of the Asian Beauty subreddit, and i quite like it! It's light, sinks in quickly, and does not leave a white cast on me. The only drawback is that it's only SPF 45. I have some other new sunscreens to try out when this is empty, but this is something I could definitely see myself repurchasing! It really served me well when I wanted to keep my skincare light during the summer months.

I am hoping the summer heat and humidity leaves soon so I can make way for some fall favorites in the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment