Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February 2018 Favorites!

I actually had a hard time picking my favorite products for February. I haven't really bought a ton of new stuff, so I was picking from items I use all the time. I didn't want to feature the same things again (yes, I love MJ Air Blush in Flesh & Fantasy, but we know that!) so it was a little more difficult picking things this time around. There's a couple new things I haven't featured, and one of my all time favorites in the mix.
Nivea Oil Infused Lotion, Zoya Kimber, Alterna Volume Spray, Fenty Pro Filt'r Foundation, IGK Down & Dirty Spray

Let's get started with something from the drugstore (or rather, Target) - Nivea Oil Infused lotion in Vanilla & Almond Oil. It's been suuuper dry this winter, so I wanted a big pump bottle of lotion. I'm particular about my lotion, I hate formulas that are thick and sit on the skin. This lotion is light and sinks in quickly, but since it also has oil as well as regular moisturizer, it's more heavy duty than your typical lightweight body lotion. The scent is light and isn't overly strong. The pump distributes plenty, and it's large and sturdy. I am really happy with this impulse purchase, and I can see myself using it year round! (As I was writing this paragraph a commercial for this came on TV, what a coincidence!!)

I am not a huge hair person, but I know what I like to try and get out of my hair. I have fine, straight, flat hair so the #1 thing I want is volume. I got a mini of Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Miracle Multiplying Volume Mist (what a mouthful) and have really enjoyed it. Since my hair is so fine, I need something that won't weigh my hair down, and I haven't had a problem with loading my roots up with this spray. I usually spray damp roots, flip my hair over, and blow dry. I haven't decided if I want to pick up a full size of this, or give another product a try. The second thing I want is texture, and I have been loving IGK Down & Out Dirty Spray. I use this on dry hair when I want to put it up, usually day 2 after a wash and having worn my hair down the day before. It adds a lot of texture without being sticky or wearing my hair down. It also smells nice!

After my fiasco with trying out Glossier Solution, my skin wasn't in a great state. However, I had the means to cover that up with Fenty Pro Filt'r Foundation! I prefer a lighter medium coverage foundation that my freckles can still show through, but this has been a lifesaver. It dries very matte, which is good for my oily skin. I have the shade 140, which I feel is a pretty decent match. I have seen this sink into some of my pores and into the stupid frown wrinkle on my forehead, but my skin does look great overall. Even though my skin is much better now, I still keep reaching for this. I sort of want to save it for when it gets gross and humid in the summer, though.

Last but not least, my very favorite nail polish shade - Zoya Kimber! I've used up half of this bottle of polish, which is unheard of for a color polish for me. It's a bright, slightly iridescent pink. I wear it year round - just like I wear bright pink lipstick. I need about three coats for my nails, but it lasts a decent amount of time without chipping (especially paired with a good base and top coat.) I get a bit of tip wear, but I type all day every day, so I can't hold that against the polish. Zoya polishes are also 10 free, meaning they don't have a bunch of toxic ingredients, on top of being cruelty free!

That's it for February! I know there's less new product excitement when you're low buying, but I'm happy I was able to get excited about a few things I was already using. I have some new items while going into March, so we'll see what the next month brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment