Tuesday, March 6, 2018

February Empties & Reverse Rouge Check In

February is over, meaning I get to purge last month's trash! I used up a bunch of products this month, I'm pretty proud of myself. I still have a huge backlog, but every little bit helps! There's a good mix of makeup, skincare, and haircare this month. I've also got my totals towards the Reverse Rouge Challenge further on in this post!

Lots of trash!
I managed to do eight sheet masks! Not a ton, but I'm definitely making sheet masks apart of my regular routine more often. There's a marked improvement with those, though I won't be at the point where I can buy more masks anytime soon.

I finished quite a few mascaras that I had let linger for a while. Here are some highlights:

  • YSL The Shock mascara - I really didn't like this. It was heavily scented, which I really don't understand for a mascara. The formula was also really heavy. Just a total nope for me.
  • Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect mascara - I really, really loved this! The tube is cute, but the mascara really delivered The formula wasn't overly wet, which I happen to like. The brush was dense but not huge, allowing me to get all of the lashes on my small eyes. The best part..it's less than five bucks! I can definitely see myself repurchasing this one, I can see why so many people like it.
  • IT Cosmetics Superhero mascara - I liked this at first, until I saw it was flaking a bit. Drier formula, non obnoxious brush, and it didn't flake too badly, so overall it wasn't bad.

In terms of skincare, I finished a couple staple items. Skinfood Black Sugar Perfect cleansing oil was really nice, but I decided to purchase another new cleansing oil to try. The Skinfood one was thin and easy to spread and did a good job at removing about 85% of my makeup (heavy liner needed a bit more help.) The new one I'm trying is cheaper, but the Skinfood one isn't super expensive.

I also finished another Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm mini, this is like my second or third. Decent eye cream, love getting minis of it! They last ages. I also finished up another package of Simple makeup wipes, these are staples in my gym bag.

The three makeup items I finished are definite favorites! MAC Fix+ is some magic water, I tell you. (I count it as a makeup item since i don't use it without makeup on my face.) I wish I could pool all my empty bottles for Back2Mac. I had a backup of this waiting. There's a matte version coming out, and I can't wait to try it. Finally finished my bottle of MUFE Ultra HD Foundation and I'm debating repurchasing even though I really love it, mostly because I have a ton of other base products I need to get through. (Also because it is $43.) I finished up a mini Bite Beauty 022 lip pencil and I purchased a full size of it. It's the perfect go-to pinky nude shade, and I always top it with a gloss. It applies smoothly with no tugging, and provides great coverage for just being a lip liner. I'm happy I was able to finish it, and I'm happier to have found another HG product!

Just one haircare product, but I've had it for a while! SheaMoisture's Weightless Texture Spray lived up to its name. It didn't weigh down my hair and gave me some light texture. It also had a light, fruity scent that was pleasant. I think I prefer a product that gives a little more texture, though I had no issues finishing this up.


Reverse Rouge Check In

Here are my empties for this past month:
  • Too Cool For School Egg Cream sheet mask - $6
  • Tosowoong Pure Green Tea sheet mask - $2
  • Shiseido cottons - $10
  • Benton Snail Bee sheet mask (x2) - $3.58
  • Sheamoisture Weightless Texture Spray - $10.99
  • MUFE Ultra HD Foundation - $43
  • Leaders Tea Tree sheet mask - $5
  • Goodal Moisture Barrier sheet mask - $3.26
  • Helloskin Jumiso First Skin Lightening sheet mask - $2.70
  • My Coco Bottle sheet mask - $2
  • Simple wipes - $5.99
  • Skinfood Black Sugar Perfect cleansing oil - $15.80
  • MAC Fix+ - $26
  • Essence Lash Princess mascara -$4.99
  • Essence I Love Extreme mascara - $4.99
  • Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm mini - $31.28
  • IT Cosmetics Superhero mascara mini - $13.30
  • Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir mascara mini - $13.81
  • YSL The Shock mascara mini - $6.21
  • Bite Beauty Lip Pencil 022 mini - $10.80
Total - $221.70

Another good month for destashing! Here's everything that I was able to find a new home for last month:
  • Urban Decay eyeshadows in Sellout & Mushroom - $40
  • Kat von D Studded Kiss lipstick in Chula - $21
  • Bite Beauty Holiday 2016 set - $25
  • Glossier Solution - $24
  • KL Polish in Point Zero - $8.50
  • Lush Oaty Creamy Dreamy - $12.95
  • Sleek Blush by 3 in Pumpkin - $10.49
  • MUFE Artist eyeshadows in ME-612, M-510, M-650, M-630 - $84
  • Kat von D Studded Kiss lipstick in Lolita II - $21
  • Glossier Skin Tint - $26
  • Kat von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Haze II - $20
  • Sixteen92 You Who Swallowed A Falling Star perfume oil - $15
  • Sixteen92 Gothic Lolita perfume oil - $15
  • Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey mini - $9.71
  • Stila Glitter and Glow in Kitten mini - $4.80
Total - $337.45

I did do a little bit of purchasing this month, with the excuse that it was my birthday month. Thankfully, I didn't go overboard (like I did last year...)
  • Sugarpill x Little Twin Stars palette - $38
  • Lush Sleepy lotion - $14 (I bought this used, which is why it's cheap!)
  • Kose Softymo Speedy cleansing oil - $9.09
  • Missha All Around Safe Block Sun Gel - $10.90
  • Bite Beauty Pisces lipstick - $26
  • Fenty Mattemoiselle lipstick in Spanked - $18
  • belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb - $48
  • ILNP nail polishes in Juliette, Champagne Blush, and Rolling Hills - $30
Total - $193.99

Total Empties + Destashed = $559.15
Minus Purchases = $365.13

And for the year so far:

Total Empties = $483.60
Total Empties + Destashed = $1,128.26
Minus Purchases = $840.78

If we don't count purchases, and include destashes, I've already completed my Reverse Rouge Challenge! That's so crazy...just makes me realize exactly how much stuff I own. Counting purchases, I should surpass Reverse Rouge by the end of March. If we just go by empties alone, I'm almost halfway done with the challenge. I'm excited to see the totals at the end of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment