Thursday, March 29, 2018

Spring 2018 Product Picks

Spring hasn't quite sprung here yet - we've had four big snowstorms in the last three weeks. However, it'll be here soon, and that means springy colors and finishes! I wear colors year round, but I do have my favorite spring shades and looks that I like to dust off a bit this time of year. I don't think I'm going to be setting any new seasonal trends, but if you're interested in seeing what I'm into for spring, keep reading!


When it comes to favorite spring colors, I don't branch out too much from my usual palette. All the items I'm about to list feature year round on my face, but for those who try to work with the seasons, here's what I dig for spring.


A Hint of Mint

I love, love, LOVE minty colored products, especially in spring! I'll do a bright mint inner corner to accent something more neutral, or go all out with a heavy mint wing. Green is my favorite color, so I tend to favor greener mints over bluer ones, though most mint shades I've tracked down lean more blue. I do, however, always have a a springy, minty green nail polish on hand. Some minty fresh favorites:

  • Tarte Clay Pot Waterproof Shadow Liner in Mint
  • Dose of Colors Eyedeal Duo in Mint to Be
  • By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Fizzy Jade
  • Zoya nail polish in Tracie

Peach Perfection

I am sure everyone is over the peach hype train by now...but I'm not. Peach pairs so well with mint, and now that peach has had a big blowup, there are more peachy shades out there than ever. I don't just mean nice, nude peaches - I mean strongly leaning pink and orange peaches. I like doing a peach "monochromatic" face - maybe not all the same shade of peach, but all in the peach family. A few of my favorites:

  • Too Faced Sweet Peach palette
  • Too Faced Sweet Peach Creamy Peach Oil Lip Gloss in Papa Don't Peach
  • Giorgio Armani Lip Magnet in 503 Glow
  • Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipstick in Pisces
  • Becca Mineral Blush in Wild Honey

PINK!!!

I know, I know. Pink, like florals, for spring? Groundbreaking. But I do love pink makeup, and spring is a a great time to break out all my pink shades. (Summer is for hot pink, though!) Be it pink lips, pink cheeks, or pink lids, I am 110% about it. I wanted to also do a section on rose gold, but I'm just going to lump that in here. Some pleasantly pink picks:
  • ILNP nail polish in Champagne Blush
  • Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop
  • Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipstick in Verbena

I tried to save some of my product selections to sort into the finishes I like for spring. They mostly fit into a color slot as well, but to keep from being redundant, they're here:


Shimmer and Sparkle

I wear glitter year round, but the start of warmer weather is the perfect time to break out glitter. I tend to keep my highlight a little more on the glowy side than the shimmery side, but now is the time to amplify that! A natural finish foundation topped with a more shimmery highlight isn't too over the top. Here are my go to glitters:
  • Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in Kitten 
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Vanilla Quartz

Glosses and Stains

After an endless reign of matte lipsticks, it seems like glossy lips are slowly coming back around. I'm all for it, I love a good gloss. The lip stain trend has also gained a lot of traction as well - what better time than spring to break out the popsicle lips? Here's what I'm ready to wear:
  • LancĂ´me Juicy Shaker in Vanilla Pop
  • Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer in Fenty Glow
  • Dior Addict Lip Tattoo in Natural Cherry
I am so, so excited to see what other trends come up for spring! I'll continue to do a peach eye with minty inner corner paired with peach blush and a glossy lip, but I am ready to see what else is new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment