Thursday, July 7, 2016

June 2016 Favorites!


Summer is now in full swing and I'm not enjoying it! This month's favorites are a lot of products that help me out during the warmer, more humid months. (At least this month I'm not super late!)

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion - I'm actually on my second one of these! I really like the cushion formula, I find it to be a little different than the regular Lumi foundation. I apply this with my trusty beautyblender, I don't really like the puff that this comes with. This has light coverage that's good to cover minor imperfections, but it can be layered for more coverage. Paired with powder, this lasts through my commute and a day in the air conditioned office.

bumble and bumble Don't Blow It - This came in my June Play! box and I've really been enjoying it! I shower a lot due to working out once or twice a day (I get REALLY sweaty so hair must be rinsed at the very least!) and when I can't be bothered with my hair, I've been putting this in. My hair gets a little more volume and a tiny bit of texture, so it's great for on the go. I'm considering a full size, but I have a tiny bit left of my mini.

Givenchy Mister Mat primer - I've tried a lot of mattifying primers, and this is by far my favorite formula. It has that silicone-y feel to it, but it actually smooths onto the skin and doesn't ball up or create primed patches on the face, letting foundation stick to those parts more. I pair this with the Lumi cushion to get some decent wear out of the dewier formula. I do get a little shiny throughout the day when using this, but not shiny enough to have to blot.

Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence sunscreen - No matter what else I try, I come back to this. It sinks in quickly, no white cast, and dries matte! I wear sunscreen year round under my makeup, but I definitely rely on this in the summer as I sometimes don't use any face makeup when I'm going to be outside, and this doubles as a bit of a mattifying primer. I have yet to get a burn on my face while wearing this, I can't recommend it enough!

eos hand lotion - I won't lie, this was a cheap item to try and make the free shipping threshold for an Ulta order. I needed a hand cream, I needed to make shipping, it was a match made in heaven! Even better, I'm really liking this! I wash my hands a lot at work, so I keep this in my bag to save my hands from becoming dry and cracked. The lotion is light and absorbs quickly, and doesn't leave behind a greasy feel. The scent is also super fresh, but fades quickly. I have a feeling I'll be picking up another one of these!

I hope your summer is going well - lots of fun and no sunburns! Remember to always wear sunscreen even if you're wearing makeup with SPF in it - chances are you're not using enough makeup for adequate coverage (you need 1/4 of a teaspoon.) Let me know what products you're loving so far this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment