Thursday, October 2, 2014

Review - YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick in #34 Rose Asarine

So I've really been trying my best to get a couple of posts up a week, and I've been staying on top of it! What I have not been staying on top of, however, is making sure I put up content I had planned and taken pictures for months ago. Today I'm reviewing a YSL lipstick I picked up a month ago. Reason I'm reviewing it? I wore another YSL lipstick and remembered I had taken photos for this one. Anyway...

Wrist swatch of Rose Asarine
YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick
in #34 Rose Asarine

I've recently become a big fan of YSL lipsticks. I'd even dare to say that they have some of my favorite formulas (Rouge Volupte and Rouge Volupte Shine.) (I will never forsake you, Bite Beauty, don't you worry!) For how much you end up paying for one of these lipsticks, the fomula better be spot on. I have found all the ones I've tried to be pigmented, smooth, and non-drying. Plus, the packaging feels and looks pretty damn luxe.

Rose Asarine is a cooler toned hot pink. When applying, I found that the first swipe gave true to tube color, and it could be built up to be more intense. Application was smooth directly from the tube, and I did not feel the need to go in with a lip brush. The lipstick has quite a bit of slip to it, but not TOO much slip. When applying, there is a HEAVY synthetic fruity scent that fades (though not entirely!) but it doesn't taste like anything. The lipstick did not feather or bleed, but I did pair it with a lip primer and a lip liner. The formula did not dry out my lips one bit.

For longevity, I find that the lipstick did transfer a bit onto my teacup, but faded evenly throughout the day and left a nice stain. I only needed one swipe to build the color back up. 

Pros:
  • Highly pigmented
  • Smooth application
  • Non drying
  • Luxe packaging
Cons:
  • VERY heavy scent upon application, if you are sensitive to scents, you may want to pass on this formula.
YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick in #34 Rose Asarine - $35 for 0.14 oz
Review - 4.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment