Monday, September 29, 2014

Review - Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Bordeaux


In the past, I've professed my love for Bite Beauty lip products. I've bought/collected many of their High Pigment Lip Pencils and Matte Crayons, so this time, I picked a different product to try.

Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream
in Bordeaux
Wrist Swatch of Bordeaux

Bite describes this color as "burgundy" - it leans more purple than red to me. To make matters more confusing, there is also a shade called "Burgundy" - which is supposedly a berry! Either way, it's a nice shade for fall.

The product comes with a large doe foot-esque applicator. I hesitate to call it a doe foot, because it does not have the small slant and tip that makes a doe foot applicator look like its namesake. The applicator is larger, rounder, and flatter, making it a little bit more difficult to apply the product. I found that the product was a bit thick, thicker than your average liquid lipstick, which is where it gets the 'cream' part of the name. I had to blot to sheer out certain parts of my lips where the product was darker, due to inability to spread.

The product itself is moisturizing, but I made the mistake of wearing it without a lipliner, so I got a small amount of feathering outside the lips. Unlike most liquid lipstick/cream lipstick products, this does NOT dry to a matte finish. I found that the product gathered into lip lines after about four hours and a cup of tea, and needed to be reapplied. However, it left a nice stain on the lips. 

Pros:
  • Moisturizing
  • Stains lips
Cons:
  • Applicator is a bit difficult to apply to edges of lips
  • Gathers in lip lines
  • Prone to feathering
Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Bordeaux - $28.00 for 0.23 oz
Review - 3.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment