Friday, September 26, 2014

Review - NYX Simply Vamp Lip Cream in Bewtiching

I love when NYX releases new products! I don't love trying to get my hands on them. Between the NYX site seemingly never getting restocked, Ulta having about 1 in 5 new items online, and Ulta stores being hit or miss on what has been tampered with, getting new NYX products is a pain in the ass. I managed to get my greedy little hands on a couple of their newer products, which I look forward to reviewing for you!

NYX Simply Vamp Lip Cream
in Bewtiching
Bewtiching wrist swatch

When I saw the new Lip Creams from NYX I was a little confused - this looks like a crayon. When I think 'cream,' I think of the Soft Matte Lip Creams, which are actually, you know...creamy! Naming aside, NYX released four collections of these 'creams' - Nudes, Pinks, Reds, and Vamps. I managed to get this one in store at Ulta, where all four collections were on display. Online, you can only pick up Vamps and Reds.

NYX describes this shade as "burgundy with blue undertone," but to me it looks like a deepened fuchsia/raspberry blend. The packaging is a twist up crayon, which I love! No loss of product due to sharpening! When applying, the color went on pretty patchy - I had to run over it a couple of times to get it even and opaque across my lips. During wear, this bled outside the liplines like crazy, so if you decide to purchase, I advise pairing it with a lip liner of some sort, be it clear or a matching color. As the day wore on, this gathered into lip lines and needed to be reapplied. I also wore this with a lip primer, so that was disappointing to me.

Pros:
  • Twist up packaging
Cons:
  • Lots of bleeding/feathering
  • Patchy application
NYX Simply Vamp Lip Cream in Bewtiching - $6.50 for 0.11 oz
Review - 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment