Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Review - Sugarpill Chromalust loose eyeshadow in Lumi

For some reason, it took me about a century to pick up this eyeshadow after having it on my wishlist for AGES! I'm so happy I finally picked it up!

Sugarpill Chromalust loose eyeshadow
 in Lumi

Lumi wrist swatch. No base on top,
over NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean
on bottom
Just look how gorgeous this is! I don't think my camera was properly able to capture the magic of this shadow. Sugarpill describes the shade as "Snow white with turquoise sheen and flashing bursts of blue and green." You can definitely see this when swatched over the black base!

When applying, I applied over a somewhat tacky base, such as the NYX Jumbo Pencil or a Laura Mercier Caviar Stick, to help the shadow stick. When picking up shadow, I would gently touch the brush tot he product, and then tap off the excess. I then patted the eyeshadow on, and once it was on the lid, gently blended it out. I did not experience any fallout while using this method of application. 

Pros:
  • Blendable
  • Little to no fallout
Cons:
  • Best performance over a base shade
Sugarpill Chromalust loose eyeshadow in Lumi - $12.00 for 6 g
Review - 4.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment