Monday, October 27, 2014

Review - NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen

I'm probably super behind the times in reviewing this, considering I bought it when it first came out, and just wore it for the first time like four days prior to publishing this post. Oops. That's what I get for having a box of a ton of items I need to get around to wearing and not picking out of it!

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in
Copenhagen
Wrist swatch of Copenhagen
Is it just me, or does this color look somewhat similar to MAC Rebel? I'll have to swatch and see. I like colors like that. Anyway, I feel like the pigmentation could be better on this one, I had to build up the color a bit to get it to be pretty opaque. Pigmentation issues aside, the formula for this is good, consistent with the other lip creams NYX has put out - there's a reason I have like five or six of them. Application was smooth, and the formula remains a bit tacky while it dries. The packaging comes with a doe foot applicator, which was fine for application. There is a distinct vanilla scent, almost like vanilla frosting, which disappeared over time. I paired this with a clear lip liner due to the dark nature of the shade. I used a lip primer, but I found that the color did gather into my lip lines a bit.

Although this is a matte product, I did not find the formula to be drying, though this may be credited to my use of a lip primer beforehand. I did experience a little fading, as well as the aforementioned gathering, so a reapplication was necessary. It does stain the lips, so the build up for pigmentation was not as necessary as the first application.

Pros:

  • Smooth application
  • Pleasant scent, may not be your cup of tea, however, not overpowering. Disappears over time.
  • Tackiness disappears once dry.
  • Non drying
Cons:
  • Color needs to be built up
  • Gathers into lip lines
  • Some fading
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen - $6.00 for 0.23 oz
Review - 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment