Friday, October 24, 2014

Review - Dose of Colors Matte Lipstick in Purple Rain

I received the following lipstick in a swap from the lovely Anna. I actually wore it to work like the badass that I am (hahahaha I'm really not though.)

Dose of Colors Matte Lipstick
in Purple Rain
Wrist swatch of Purple Rain
Car Selfie! I told you I wore it!
First of all, if you are looking for a blue toned purple, look no further. The color of this lipstick is fantastic. The pigmentation is great! However, I found the formula really lacking. The formula itself was really thick and stiff, so application was not easy. The applicator that came with the product is a doe foot, but I needed both the doe foot and a lip brush to get this to apply smoothly. There was no discernible scent to the lipstick. I did not experience any feathering or bleeding, and did not pair this with a lip liner.

They are not lying when they say MATTE, this lipstick was as matte as they come. So matte, and so DRYING! I even wore this over a lip primer, and it did not help. I tried adding a lip balm to the top of this, and it did not help. In fact, it broke down the formula and this is when I decided to take the lipstick off entirely. I slathered my lips in lip balm, but my lips were super dried out from this. I was very unhappy, as the color was so unique and fun. The other colors in the line looked awesome, and I may try and order one of them, but the formula was very disappointing. 

Pros:
  • Highly pigmented
Cons:
  • Extremely drying
  • Difficult to apply
Dose of Colors Matte Lipstick in Purple Rain - $18.00
Review - 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment