Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Personal By Terry brand consultation from Beautylish!

Ready your wish lists - By Terry is coming to Beautylish on October 22!

I received an email from Beautylish yesterday announcing the availability of By Terry at Beautylish, as well as the opportunity to have a personal consultation via phone with a Beautylish MUA concerning the brand. Father my wonderful experience last week at their Charlotte Tilbury release event, I immediately signed up for a slot. I filled out a form stating I was familiar with the brand, my skin type and concerns, and a photo of myself for reference. 

I received my call today and spoke with Trisha, who was amazingly sweet and helpful. After introducing herself and complimenting the picture I uploaded (so nice of her!) we got down to business. She asked what I knew of the brand, and we immediately started gushing about the Ombré Blackstars, the cream eyeshadow sticks of the line. We both agreed that they offer superior blendability and application to the close yet no cigar Caviar Stick offered by Laura Mercier, and lamented the price tag. 

I brought up the Hydra Powder as a product I had heard a lot about and had been wanting to try, and she let me know it was definitely worth trying. I let her know I had just finished up a jar of Urban Decay Naked Skin loose powder and I liked it, but I was open to something new. Trisha described making the switch to the Hydra Powder as "trading in your Honda, a car you know and love, for a Jag." She went on to explain that during their training, the brand rep had the warm the powder up and apply with their fingers as a different application method, and it really made a difference. I'm definitely going to be giving this a shot. 

I asked a few more questions about Beautylish and what they'd be carrying, and found out the following info:

  • They will not be carrying the By Terry brushes. With the recent Wayne Goss line, as well as the Chikuhodo boutique, the buyers are focused on Japanese made brushes for the time being. 
  • The entire skincare line from By Terry will not be carried. However, the Baume de Rose will definitely be carried. 
  • Future releases from By Terry will come to Beautylish as they are made available to the US, and at the buyer's discretion- Trisha tells me they are trying to curate a collection of the best of the best at Beautylish.
Trisha also talked to me about the Hyaluronic Sheer Rouge lipsticks, which she likened to the Fresh Sugar lip balms in formula, yet a highly pigmented lipstick concerning color. I'll probably end up picking up one of these, as I've heard a few too many horror stories of people having their Rouge Terryblys break when applying it!

I'm really happy I had the opportunity to speak to Trisha about the By Terry release, especially because it felt like I was just gushing to one of my girlfriends about things we were excited to buy! I'm not exactly sure what I've done to get in with Beautylish's good side, but I'm incredibly thankful for the opportunities they've extended to me lately. This customer appreciation paired with their amazing customer service and shipping has really made an impression!

Thank you so much to Trisha and Beautylish! I'm excited to order some By Terry soon!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment