Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Review - Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre in High Society

I recently posted about the Beautylish Charlotte Tilbury event that I attended last week, and I mentioned that I picked up a lip gloss while there. It's been a while since I bought a new lip gloss, since I've recently been converted into a lipstick addict. (Once upon a time, I thought lipstick was for old ladies. How wrong I was...)

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre in High Society

Wrist Swatch of High Society

Now, I will admit, this was 100% an impulse purchase. I was two glasses of champagne in on an empty stomach, plus add in the exhaustion of a day at comic con and a two hour train ride...let's just say I was thankfully on a tight budget! Happily, I am thrilled with this purchase. The gloss is light and non sticky, which is a super A+++ when it comes to a gloss. Your hair will get stuck to it, of course, but that's about it. The formula is nicely pigmented, and is not gloppy when applied. The applicator is a small doe foot, and two-three swipes will get you good coverage. I did not experience any feathering or bleeding of the color, and I found the formula to be non-drying. There was no noticeable scent.

I like that the color is sheer, yet still quite noticeable, if that makes sense. On me, it comes to a very nice pinky-nude. So far, I have only worn it alone, but I look forward to wearing it over other nude lipsticks to really enhance the color. I definitely plan on picking up another one or two of these!

My only disappointment is that compared to the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks, the packaging on these does not feel luxe at all. The top of these has that rose gold shine, but it's just plastic, which is upsetting. considering the price, and the amount of product, you'd think the top would be a bit more durable. But alas, at least the product is worthwhile.

Pros:
  • Light texture
  • Non-sticky
  • Easy to apply formula
Cons:
  • It's a gloss your hair will stick to it
  • Color will need to be built a bit
  • Packaging feels cheap
Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre in High Society - $22.00 for 0.12 oz
Review - 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment