Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Review - Too Faced Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick in Berry

It's fall, meaning it's time for vampy and berry lips. I picked up this lipstick when it was first released a few months ago, part of the second wave of these Too Faced Melted lipsticks (I HATE ridiculously long names for products, so don't expect me to use that big long name!) These were released as a Too Faced website exclusive at first, but you can find them at other retailers now. 
Too Faced Melted lipstick in Berry
Wrist swatch of Berry
Too Faced describes this shade as "berry red" - berry I can definitely agree with, red...not so much. It's a solid berry for fall though, and it looks beautiful! The shade is true to tube, with good pigmentation on first application. Another note about application - the applicator for this tube is an attached fuzzy jumbo doe foot, which actually makes for a really nice, smooth application! I did not need a lip brush with applying, as the applicator was easy to work into the curves of the lip line.

I wore this with a clear liner and lip primer, and did not experience any bleeding outside of the lip line. After about 4-5 hours, I noticed a slight gathering into the lip lines, but re-application smoothed everything over. I found the product to be slightly drying, even with the use of a lip primer. The product left a nice stain, and aside from the slight gathering I mentioned, did not really fade. However, I had read some reviews that the product wore off quickly. I guess my use of a lip primer played in my favor, once again!

Another note, the product has a slight fruity scent to it, which is not overpowering and fades quickly. If you are sensitive to scents, you may want to do a sniff test first, but it is nowhere near as strong as some other lip products (lookin' at you, YSL Rouge Volutpe.)

Pros:

  • Smooth application
  • Easy to use applicator
  • Highly pigmented
Cons:
  • Slightly drying
  • Gathers into lip lines
  • Scent may be an issue for some
Too Faced Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick in Berry - $21.00 for 0.4 oz
Review - 4/5




No comments:

Post a Comment