Tuesday, November 4, 2014

October 2014 Favorites



I can't believe it's already November! Sorry for the lack of posts the past few weeks, I do a lot of traveling in October, and haven't had a chance to build up my queue. With the oncoming sales of November, plus secret Santa season, I should have plenty of stuff to review and post about! But for now, let's talk about things that I really loved this past month!

1. Beautyblender PRO - I've tried both the regular pink beautyblender and the black PRO beautyblender, and for me, the PRO takes the cake. I'm not sure why, but I just happen to like the little black egg more. I find that it rinses cleaner, and doesn't suck up as much product as its pink counterpart. Also, my pink one shredded almost immediately, whilst the black one was far more durable. I always buy my PRO blenders in double packs from amazon - the price can't be beat!

2. L'occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream - This stuff saves my hands when I am stuck in the land of public restrooms, such as New York Comic Con, or Disney. After having to use harsh soap to wash my hands, this can fix dry skin in an instant. It's a staple in my purse, and the best part is, a little goes a long way. It absorbs quickly, and does not leave a residue on your hands. There's a variety of scents, but the original shea butter is a great way to go.

3. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid in Moonstone - I only have a sample of this from Sephora, but boy am I lusting after the full size (or rather, the travel size, the full size is HUGE!!) This gives just the right amount of glow to the skin, without delivering a load of glitter. I also have this in Pearl, which is white, while this is more of a golden tone.

4. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Mushroom - When I'm in a hurry, I reach for this liner. It's the perfect shade to add a bit of dimension to the lash line, but not to look overdone. I'm a sucker for taupe shades, and this certainly delivers. I'm about halfway through this liner, and I will most definitely be rebuying. There is a bit of shimmer to this, but there are no visible chunks of glitter that you can sometimes encounter with a UD product.

5. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment  - There are tales of people finishing Chapsticks. I've never done that, but I've finished about three of these to date, and I keep going back for more. The price tag is a bit steep for something as silly as a lip balm, but I find them worthwhile. These don't further dry out my lips, and I apply nightly before bed to have my lips ready for more drying products the next morning. I've tried the other, more 'intense' version of this product, and did not like it as much. This is a definite 'HG' product for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love Mushroom! It's such a lovely taupe. That L'Occitane hand cream, too, is a gift from God.

    ReplyDelete