Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Review - Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Gavi

I'm happy to start reviewing some of the items I got during the Sephora sale! Of course, I immediately decided to start with a Bite Beauty product. This shade of the Matte Creme Lip Crayons was exclusive to the Mix-n-Mingle mini ornaments that they released right before the sale. I do not know if this shade will become permanent and made into the larger crayon size.

Please ignore my small burn mark on my wrist swatch. I live an exciting life and got burned by a piece of very hot spaghetti squash.

Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Cray on in Gavi

Wrist swatch of Gavi
Just so we know how mini "mini" is here, the size of the mini is 0.031 oz, with the full size lip crayon being 0.05 oz. You are getting around 3/5 of the full size for half the cost, which isn't a bad deal! (Sorry the math isn't more precise, math isn't my strong point.)

Bite decided to stick with the new style of packaging for these minis, meaning that under the cap, the plastic is colored to match the color of the product. However, the bottom cap pops off for no reason, as there is no small sharpener hidden within. The product is a twist up, which is very nice, and has a slight citrus scent, keeping up with the formula of the rest of the line. 

The shade, Gavi, is described as a "fleshy peach/nude," which I say aptly describes the shade. The swatch above shows one swipe, which gave a very pigmented swatch. Application is smooth, as is expected from this formula. I found that the product was non drying and slightly hydrating, though I wore it over a lip primer. Fading began in the center of the lips, and I could not detect any sort of a stain from this shade. I did not experience any bleeding or feathering from this shade, and I did not use a lip liner.

Pros:
  • Mini size! Who uses full lipsticks anyway?
  • Twist up product
  • Pigmented
  • Smooth application
  • Scent fades quickly
  • Great deal on amount of product for $$
Cons:
  • No built in sharpener
  • Fades slightly over time
Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Gavi - $12.00 for 0.031 oz
Review - 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment