Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Review - NYX Wicked Lashes in Scandal

When Ulta had their 20% off sale, I took the opportunity to stock up on my new favorite lashes - NYX Wicked Lashes in Bashful. However, due to a mix up at the Ulta warehouse, I received lashes in the Scandal style instead. I exchanged the other pairs I'd ordered in store, and figured I'd give the new style a try to see how I liked them.

...I wore them once before taking these pictures, and I tried to get them to look nice and new in the box. Sorry!

NYX Wicked Lashes in Scandal
Close up of Scandal lashes

I'm just going to be frank here - I wasn't a huge fan of these. I really didn't like how all of the lashes are very blunt looking at the ends, and there is no variance in length. They look very fake while wearing them, and not in a "goddamn I look fabulous!" way. They are somewhat similar in length to Ardell 120 Demi lashes, but with the 120 Demis, there is a slight variance in the length of the lashes, so they are more broken up and less uniform, therefore giving a slightly more natural appearance, though adding a nice bit of drama.

The lashes have a clear band, which is always a plus. The band itself was flexible, but supported the weight of the lashes. 

Pros:
  • Clear band
Cons:
  • Blunt ends
  • Unnatural look
NYX Wicked Lashes in Scandal - $3.50 for one pair
Review - 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment