Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Review - Bite Beauty Lush Fruit Lip Gloss in Guava

I'm not a huge lip gloss fan, but after my recent success with the Charlotte Tilbury gloss I picked up last month, I decided to give the Bite formula a try. Since they released a few of their gloss shades with their Mix-N-Mingle minis, I figured - why not? Better than paying full price!

Bite Beauty Lush Fruit Lip Gloss in Guava

Wrist swatch of Guava

Firstly, how mini is mini? The mini size that I purchased was 0.06 oz, with the full size product being 0.11 oz. It's worth noting that this shade is not available in the full size, it is only available as a mini sold in the small ornament boxes, or in the Mix-n-Mingle gift set.

Guava is a bright rosy mauve shade, that happens to be quite pigmented for a gloss. There is a scent, it is very sweet and fruity. The applicator is a typical doe foot, and application is smooth. The formula is a little sticky, but not as bad as some other formulas. The pigment of the gloss did collect into my lip lines over the course of the day, even while wearing this over a lip primer. I did not find the product drying, and I did not find that the product bled outside of my lips.

Pros:
  • Pigmented
  • Smooth application
Cons:
  • Slightly sticky
  • Heavy scent
  • Collects in lip lines over wear
Bite Beauty Lush Fruit Lip Gloss in Guava - $12.00 for 0.06 oz
Review - 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment