Thursday, November 13, 2014

Review - NARS blush in Almeria

I made sure to pick this up during the VIB sale, since I was unsure whether or not this blush would stick around past the sale. I'm glad I ordered it, because it was not on the shelves at both the Sephora locations I visited. Checking the site, Sephora lists this as "permanently out of stock."

NARS Almeria blush in Limited Edition packaging.
NARS Almeria, opened.

Wrist swatch of Almeria, no base.
Concentrated, then blended out.
I've always loved NARS' blush formula. As always, the product is finely milled, non powdery, and highly pigmented. Since I'm pale, I used a light hand and the NARS Yachiyo blush to apply to my cheeks (the swatch above was done with an eyeshadow brush, and blended out with a Hakuhodo J210 blush brush.) The blush is highly blendable, which is visible in the swatch above. 

This shade is described as a "tan rose," but I would describe it more as a plummy rose. When applied, there is a slight amount of shimmer on the skin left by the blush. However, in the pan, the blush appears to be matte. I'm really happy that for their LE Holiday shade, NARS went with a very versatile color that will play nice on a large range of skintones - it can be blended down for pale ladies like myself, but will be gorgeous on darker tones as well.

Pros:
  • Highly pigmented
  • Finely milled
  • Blendable
Cons:
  • Limited Edition
NARS blush in Almeria (Limited Edition) - $30.00 for 0.15 oz
Review - 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment