Sunday, July 31, 2016

July 2016 Favorites!

Happy summer - we're halfway through! I got a few new products this month, and a couple of them made this month's favorites. I'm really excited to share my choices with you!


LancĂ´me Juicy Shaker in Mangoes Wild - The new Juicy Shakers are 100% gimmicky, and I totally fell for it. Thankfully the product is actually worthwhile! The shaker itself is super cute, and I enjoy the shaking portion of the product itself. The lip color is sheer and slightly buildable, and smells very fruity. The color does stain, and you need to reapply if you're looking for a shiny lip. I might pick up another one - I'm really happy with the one I have! It's perfect to throw in your bag and go, especially as a touch of color to a naked beach face!

Smashbox Pore Minimizing Photo Finish primer - I've been using this ever since I got it in this month's Play! box. The primer does a great job of keeping me matte, especially if it isn't too humid out. I've given up on staying matte on humid days, it just isn't meant to be. This primer plays well with my two light coverage go to products - UD One and Done and the Lumi Cushion. I don't know if I'll be buying a full size, but this mini is definitely getting a lot of use.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette - I've been reaching for this palette at least once a week since I got it last month. I even compared it to two other palettes in my collection to see if it was a needed addition. Although the shades are probably duped elsewhere in my collection, I'll be keeping this one around. The eyeshadow formula is highly pigmented, blendable, and lasts throughout the day. I've gotten quite a few looks out of this palette, and I'm sure I'll be discovering more!

Urban Decay Vice lipstick in Wonderland - I had been eyeing the shade Wonderland ever since it came out with UD's Gwen Stefani collection. I hesitated at first, thinking I probably had a similar shade in my lipstick hoard. I gave in with the release of the new Vice formula, and I am SO glad I did! The cream formula is so comfortable, and the lipstick has true to tube color on one swipe. I have three other shades, but Wonderland has been worn at least once a week since I got it earlier this month!

bumble and bumble Don't Blow It - I had my mini tube of this in last month's favorites, and when that ran out, I bought a travel size tube! Due to what is a probably poor time management on my part, I've had less time in the mornings, so I have not been heat styling my hair. Putting this in my hair and then just headed out the door is more than enough in the humid weather we've been having. Since my hair is shorter right now, I got the travel size. A small amount goes a long way in my hair, which is great! I'll probably switch back to heat styling once the weather cools off, but I'm enjoying my beachy textured hair for the summer.

1 comment:

  1. I've been so intrigued by the Juicy Shakers, so I'm glad to see some positive thoughts on them. Like you said, they're gimmicky, but they also look fun. And I think that's good enough.

    ReplyDelete