Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Wonderland - Review

Urban Decay recently released their Vice lipstick line, after discontinuing their Revolution lipstick line. The Vice line has 100 shades, in six different finishes (sheer, sheer shimmer, comfort matte, mega matte, metallized, and cream.) Many of the Revolution shades were moved over to the new formula, and a ton of new shades were introduced. I've bought five Vice lipsticks so far, I'm really liking them! I mentioned Wonderland in my July favorites, so I figured I should write my review sooner rather than later!



Wonderland is described as a dark pink-red with a satin finish. The shade is a bright yet deep pink with warm undertones. The formula is smooth and creamy, and does not tug when applying. Wonderland is one a cream formula, and it feels very rich when applying. The shade applies evenly and with full color using one coat. There is no discernible scent to the lipstick, which is nice. (I don't mind scent but some people are very sensitive.) The cream finish is slightly glossy, but I blotted the lipstick for a more satin finish. I bought the matching lip liner as well, but I wore the lipstick with and without the liner. I had no bleeding or feathering without the lip liner. With the liner, my lips had a sharper outline, which was expected.

The formula does transfer, which I expected due to how creamy it feels on the lips and the fact that it's not matte. The transfer wasn't terrible, the lipstick still looked good after using a cup or eating. I was able to easily reapply and not disturb the lipstick that was already on the lips. This shade did leave a stain behind after removal and transfer.  The formula was not drying at all, and felt slightly hydrating. 

The new Vice packaging is much lighter than the old Revolution packaging. The new packaging is a light plastic, and the old packaging had much more heft to it, making it feel more luxe. The Vice lipstick is five dollars cheaper, which I feel is a worthwhile tradeoff since the formula is great. The new packaging is shaped like a bullet casing, which is tacky to some, but whatever to me. I'm concerned about the actual lipstick.

I am so, so happy with this shade. I have another cream shade that I like as well, but Wonderland is such a great shade for me. I had my eye on it when it was released with the Gwen Stefani collection but had passed on it. I'm glad I have it now!

Pros:
  • Smooth application
  • Rich formula
  • Non drying
  • Unscented
Cons:
  • Prone to transfer
  • Lighter packaging

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Wonderland - $17.00 for 0.11 oz
Review - 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment